This Man Can’t Die / I lunghi giorni dell’odio (Gianfranco Baldanello, 1968)

[quote=“stanton, post:40, topic:606”]SD, I have never said I disliked actors. You are again assumíng, or you are not able to understand what I’m saying.

I’m more interested in directors, because they are or should be the creative forces behind films.

I like many actors, and there are many films I only watch because there are fascinating actors/actresses in them.
But I have to admit that the acting in SWs in general is not that good, if it were only for the acting I would clearly prefer the american ones.[/quote]

Stanton ;D

It is possible you were misunderstood regarding Actors and thank heavens you now
mention these poor “actresses” (neglected before).
We will watch you for signs of appreciation for LEADING Actors/Actresses and how they
Bond together to give the film a Electric screen presence or sometimes not electric.

I undertstand totally that directors are vital to any film as they direct/create and I have
many favourite directors like
HARALD REINL , MARIO BAVA , ALFONSO BRESCIA not forgetting LEONE etc.

I can agree that both you and Bad LT are more “critical” of SWs than I am, possibly
because I have seen so many BAD BORING DRAMAS that when I get a SW I am excited
:smiley: :o

You need to always remember that as SW FANS we are forever fighting the EVIL critics :’( ???

No SD, we don’t, there’s nothing like a per se “evil critic”.

There are better ones and not so good ones (maybe some corrupt ones too), but most of them love films (so I hope), and I don’t judge them for their tastes.

And you should better stop talking about bad boring dramas, cause there are many forum members (me too) who also dislike bad, boring, pretentious, talkative dramas, but nevertheless enjoy several of the films you are always accusing as being so, because these are not bad, boring etc. in our eyes.

Same goes for Spencer/Hill, it’s ok to dislike them, but it’s enough saying it once (or maybe twice if the subject pops up elsewhere), and it’s also possible saying all this without being rude.

It’s ok to state your point of view, but it’s not ok to repeat this in a presuming and offending way again and again and again, cause this shows a nasty form of disrespect against other forum members.

Nobody else does so, except you. Haven’t you realised that all the forum quarrelling in the last half year had a certain SD in the midst?

You have also stated to think and/or post only in a positive way, maybe you should set a good example by doing so.

(On the other hand, by the way, you are not consequent, cause you also love films like e.g. Firecreek which is for many an ultimate example for an average, pretentious, talkative would be drama western.
In the end this is also a matter of tastes.)

Love the films you like, but don’t expect that everybody else loves or detests the same things as you.

Tolerance is the magic word.

Hmmm, and I’m apologising to you SD, cause yesterday (in another thread or two) I was also here and there (with purpose) a bit offensive against you.

Stanton I note you try to excuse the Abysmal biased EVIL CRITICS and this is because
many of the “boring pretentious zzz dramas” they love & hand stupid oscars to I am
sorry to say YOU & some others (Phil ?) tend to agree with these malignant critics.

LOSER or Leslie HALLIWELL was a Bad Evil Critic because he HATED ALL Films except
The trashiest unfunny “comedies” & “true life grimy dramas”. His evil showed in Books
I along with you/other forumites tend to repeat a praise/condemn scenario whenever a
NEED ARISES and it is for me to judge when Trashy dramas/Hill&Spencer “comedies” and other turkeys need to be exposed, criticised and ridiculed :smiley:
I have said already that those IDIOTIC threads like “worst Sw” cause friction/anger and
now you are confirming what I said by asking me to refrain from criticising dramas/hill :’(

FIRECREEK 1968 I would not call it a drama or average, it is more an EPIC WESTERN
with a strong cast JAMES STEWART / INGER STEVENS/ HENRY FONDA in Good vs bad plot
It is a fantasy, entertaining, away from the daily boring dramas that are our lives :o

I said to be positive towards SWS as a rule and seek to appreciate instead of negative.

I am sure we are all “tolerant” as much as possible but as I said I view myself as in
a fight against many twisted critics who ALWAYS MALIGN the best, praise the WORST.

Apology accepted but I was not hurt/offended as forums are likely to bring arguments :smiley:
I prefer it of course when I agree and we share the same tastes as I do with many
forumites but all debate is interesting I suppose.

Anyway we will both seek to “improve” our reviewing I presume. :o

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:44, topic:606”]Stanton I note you try to excuse the Abysmal biased EVIL CRITICS and this is because
many of the “boring pretentious zzz dramas” they love & hand stupid oscars to I am
sorry to say YOU & some others (Phil ?) tend to agree with these malignant critics.

LOSER or Leslie HALLIWELL was a Bad Evil Critic because he HATED ALL Films except
The trashiest unfunny “comedies” & “true life grimy dramas”. His evil showed in Books
I along with you/other forumites tend to repeat a praise/condemn scenario whenever a
NEED ARISES and it is for me to judge when Trashy dramas/Hill&Spencer “comedies” and other turkeys need to be exposed, criticised and ridiculed :smiley:
I have said already that those IDIOTIC threads like “worst Sw” cause friction/anger and
now you are confirming what I said by asking me to refrain from criticising dramas/hill :cry:

FIRECREEK 1968 I would not call it a drama or average, it is more an EPIC WESTERN
with a strong cast JAMES STEWART / INGER STEVENS/ HENRY FONDA in Good vs bad plot
It is a fantasy, entertaining, away from the daily boring dramas that are our lives :o

I said to be positive towards SWS as a rule and seek to appreciate instead of negative.

I am sure we are all “tolerant” as much as possible but as I said I view myself as in
a fight against many twisted critics who ALWAYS MALIGN the best, praise the WORST.[/quote]

It’s hopeless. We live on different planets, speak different languages.

Maybe you should build your own forum, or a church, where you can burn everybody who has different opinions.

(And Firecreek is the opposite of an epic.)

The improving part was meant only for you.

I used to critisize some critics, until I found out there were more interesting things to do

We all have favourite genres, but it seems a bit foolish to call one sacred and execrate the other
I love westerns, spaghettis in particular, but I also love zzz dramas and talkative Woody Allen comedies
Not all of them of course
The advantage of westerns, and spaghettis in particular, probably is that a mediocre or even bad western - just like a bad thriller - can still be enjoyable on a certain level. A bad drama is really zzz and a bad comedy … well, when a comedy doesn’t make you laugh you may find it very, very hard to enjoy it, unless it’s a film like Porky’s or The revenge of the nerds, films that are so bad that a few beers may help. But that’s another story and I’m not the expert on those things

We’re not a congregation here, even though there’s a rev among us.
We enjoy as much movies as we can, we don’t kneel down five times a day to pray to one the three holy Sergios (may peace be with them)
Even the One And Only was human, and it shows in his movies: they’re masterpieces, but not perfect
Impossible you say? Just read Dostojevski’s Crime and punishment unbiased: you’ll notice that this guy Rashkolnikov is far too nice to commit such horrible crimes and would’ve been arrested by the police almost immediately. The entire plot is unbelievable! Still it is acclaimed as one of the best novels of all time, and deservedly so.

I can’t think of one director whose body of works I embrace completely, unconditionally and wholeheartedly
I love Sergio (or did I say that already?) but I don’t like Duck you sucker!
I love Sam, but I have mixed feelings about Pat & Billy (just ask Stanton)
I have two Kubricks in my Top 20 (Paths of Glory + A Clockwork Orange) but again I have mxed feelings about most of his other films and I absolutely hate that Viennese Waltz in Space.
I love Ken Loach, I love Mike Leigh, I love Woody, Sam, Sergio, Sergio and Sergio, but not always, not completely, not un…
But I guess there’s no use in repeating those thing again and again and again

Maybe so. But I don’t think it hurts to hear some level headed comments like yours Scherps. A bit of sanity is never out of place.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:47, topic:606”]I used to critisize some critics, until I found out there were more interesting things to do

We all have favourite genres, but it seems a bit foolish to call one sacred and execrate the other
I love westerns, spaghettis in particular, but I also love zzz dramas and talkative Woody Allen comedies
Not all of them of course
The advantage of westerns, and spaghettis in particular, probably is that a mediocre or even bad western - just like a bad thriller - can still be enjoyable on a certain level. A bad drama is really zzz and a bad comedy … well, when a comedy doesn’t make you laugh you may find it very, very hard to enjoy it, unless it’s a film like Porky’s or The revenge of the nerds, films that are so bad that a few beers may help. But that’s another story and I’m not the expert on those things

We’re not a congregation here, even though there’s a rev among us.
We enjoy as much movies as we can, we don’t kneel down five times a day to pray to one the three holy Sergios (may peace be with them)
Even the One And Only was human, and it shows in his movies: they’re masterpieces, but not perfect
Impossible you say? Just read Dostojevski’s Crime and punishment unbiased: you’ll notice that this guy Rashkolnikov is far too nice to commit such horrible crimes and would’ve been arrested by the police almost immediately. The entire plot is unbelievable! Still it is acclaimed as one of the best novels of all time, and deservedly so.

I can’t think of one director whose body of works I embrace completely, unconditionally and wholeheartedly
I love Sergio (or did I say that already?) but I don’t like Duck you sucker!
I love Sam, but I have mixed feelings about Pat & Billy (just ask Stanton)
I have two Kubricks in my Top 20 (Paths of Glory + A Clockwork Orange) but again I have mxed feelings about most of his other films and I absolutely hate that Viennese Waltz in Space.
I love Ken Loach, I love Mike Leigh, I love Woody, Sam, Sergio, Sergio and Sergio, but not always, not completely, not un…
But I guess there’s no use in repeating those thing again and again and again[/quote]

Amen to this!

We’ve been here before.

Amen.

I wonder who gave this movie 5 stars…

BL - I think Rik Battaglia voted the 5 stars :o

You should be asking :

“I wonder who the Jokers are that gave This Man Can’t Die 1968 only 2 or 3 stars ?” ???

Were they doing their LOSER Halliwell Mean Impression ?

[quote=“stanton, post:46, topic:606”]It’s hopeless. We live on different planets, speak different languages.

Maybe you should build your own forum, or a church, where you can burn everybody who has different opinions.
(And Firecreek is the opposite of an epic.)
The improving part was meant only for you.[/quote]

THIS MAN CAN’T DIE 1968 Leading Lady LUCIENNE BRIDOU was also in BLACK JACK 68.

Stanton is showing stress/impatience/intolerance again ! :o Clearly very rattled !

I have already EXPOSED Stanton as NOT Liking/Praising/Posting Hardly any ACTRESS ???
I have already EXPOSED Stanton as Fixated on OBSCURE TALKY DRAMA Directors :’(
And the rest is self evident in the previous series of postings for all to read.

FIRECREEK 1968 is AN EPIC MASTERPIECE Western In the HIGH NOON Tradition
Gary COOPER alone defends a town against Numerous Villains as in FIRECREEK 1968
where JAMES STEWART as the sheriff fights against Henry Fonda’s vicious gang.
FIRECREEK 1968 has the BETTER STAR cast and is more exciting than HIGH NOON 1952.

WHO should IMPROVE ? Is it SD or Stanton & Scherp

Here are Some “Films” highly Rated By Stanton/Scherp while they MALIGN Some SWs:

FILM Title Year Plot HOW BORING/SLEEPY IS IT SD Vote

8 1/2 (Eight and A Half) 61 Odious director recalls childhood. VERY BORING 2 out 20
Ladybird ladybird 94 Woman fights for kids custody :’( VERY BORING 1 out 20
Bicycle thieves 48 Father & son search for lost bike VERY SLEEPY 2 out 20
Amarcord 73 Year in Life of Italy Coast Town :-\VERY DULL 3 out 20
Secrets & Lies 96 Black Woman searches for birth mother DIRE :-\ 1 out 20
Career Girls 97 Two girls chat on obesity/eczema VERY BORING 2 out 20

SARTANA DJANGO on the other hand has always been 100% CONSISTENT IN LIKING

SWS GIALLOS WESTERNS CULT THRILLERS HORROR SCIFI TV CULT 60s/70s

And SD has tried to EVEN THE ODDS by exposing EVIL CRITICS & HITTING BACK at them

Given the ABOVE DATA I am 100% to STAY TRUE TO MY PREFERENCES FOREVER :slight_smile:

YOU improve if you wish …I am already FULLY IMPROVED and PROVED :smiley: :o

Improving not what you say, improving how you say it.

But it seems you are not able to understand or to realise or …

[quote=“stanton, post:55, topic:606”]Improving not what you say, improving how you say it.
But it seems you are not able to understand or to realise or …[/quote]

I see Stanton the manner or way of saying …I understand perfectly…
I will certainly TRY HARD to be very sweet :-* provided you&others are the SAME with me.

I know you enjoyed the achtung marsch asides but not “too much” ;D

I would be happy Stanton if you VOTED for the TOP 10 Actresses and Post Apocalyptic :slight_smile:
You need to show your “interest” in the ladies :wink:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:54, topic:606”]WHO should IMPROVE ? Is it SD or Stanton & Scherp

Here are Some “Films” highly Rated By Stanton/Scherp while they MALIGN Some SWs:

FILM Title Year Plot HOW BORING/SLEEPY IS IT SD Vote

8 1/2 (Eight and A Half) 61 Odious director recalls childhood. VERY BORING 2 out 20
Ladybird ladybird 94 Woman fights for kids custody :’( VERY BORING 1 out 20
Bicycle thieves 48 Father & son search for lost bike VERY SLEEPY 2 out 20
Amarcord 73 Year in Life of Italy Coast Town :-\VERY DULL 3 out 20
Secrets & Lies 96 Black Woman searches for birth mother DIRE :-\ 1 out 20
Career Girls 97 Two girls chat on obesity/eczema VERY BORING 2 out 20

SARTANA DJANGO on the other hand has always been 100% CONSISTENT IN LIKING

SWS GIALLOS WESTERNS CULT THRILLERS HORROR SCIFI TV CULT 60s/70s

And SD has tried to EVEN THE ODDS by exposing EVIL CRITICS & HITTING BACK at them

Given the ABOVE DATA I am 100% to STAY TRUE TO MY PREFERENCES FOREVER :slight_smile:

YOU improve if you wish …I am already FULLY IMPROVED and PROVED :smiley: :o[/quote]

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:56, topic:606”]I would be happy Stanton if you VOTED for the TOP 10 Actresses
You need to show your “interest” in the ladies ;)[/quote]

Oh yes, the ladies.

But let’s do this straight. And the improving also, and not in this half-hearted way.
You are much too generous SD!

Career Girls twice as good as Ladybird, Ladybird? That’s laughable. No, Nein, Nie, Never!

I say one point is enough!
I say one for all (and probably all for one).

But eight and a half for Eight and a Half.

And that’s because of the beauty of the beauties:

Anouk Aimee

Claudia Cardinale

Barbara Steele

and surely not for loser Fellini and loser Mastroianni
(the half point is deservedly for the clowns)

How can you dare to ignore these wonderful leading ladies, who had a long and prolific career in many, many outstanding masterpieces without Peter Lee Lawrence.

SD, I must state after this unforgivable failure, you are probably not worth to defend our great task, our nearly unbearable task to adore only and solely the great and wonderful leading ladies.

[quote=“stanton, post:57, topic:606”]Oh yes, the ladies.

But let’s do this straight. And the improving also, and not in this half-hearted way.
You are much too generous SD!

Career Girls twice as good as Ladybird, Ladybird? That’s laughable. No, Nein, Nie, Never!

I say one point is enough!
I say one for all (and probably all for one).
But eight and a half for Eight and a Half.

And that’s because of the beauty of the beauties:

Anouk Aimee

Claudia Cardinale

Barbara Steele

and surely not for loser Fellini and loser Mastroianni
(the half point is deservedly for the clowns)

How can you dare to ignore these wonderful leading ladies, who had a long and prolific career in many, many outstanding masterpieces without Peter Lee Lawrence.

SD, I must state after this unforgivable failure, you are probably not worth to defend our great task, our nearly unbearable task to adore only and solely the great and wonderful leading ladies.[/quote]

LUCIENNE BRIDOU Leading Lady of THIS MAN CAN’T DIE 68 Seems to have retired.

Stanton your analysis of 8 1/2 , Ladybird Ladybird, Career Girls is good Forum Fun :smiley:
I am happy to see you are discussing/mentioning the ladies and here is the

LOVELY CULT STAR Claudia Cardinale

Leading Ladies are beautiful/talented Stanton but when they work with
PETER LEE LAWRENCE their whole screen existance is elevated and refreshed :o :wink: !!
I will discuss more after I see your voting SW Ladies Top 10 and Post Apocalyptic.

BARBARA STEELE 1960s Star (For Stanton’s pleasure ;D)

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:58, topic:606”]LOVELY CULT STAR Claudia Cardinale

I will discuss more after I see your voting SW Ladies Top 10 and Post Apocalyptic.

BARBARA STEELE 1960s Star (For Stanton’s pleasure ;D)

[/quote]

Yes, that’s a pleasure!

Not interested in PA films, best would be Post Apocalyptica Now! anyway.

The leading Ladies is a different thing, a more complex task.

How do you know for sure I haven’t voted?

I monitor the SW Leading Ladies Top 10 and I feel you Have NOT voted yet ;D

Post Apocalyptic is not your “hot” genre but can you please maybe VOTE anyway for
possibly 10 PA Films 60s and 70s instead of the recent ones ? Plus the Ladies Votes.

I suppose I could get into these “critically acclaimed” films like 8 1/2 & follow the plot but
after a lifetime of loving CULT/SWS/GIALLOS/HORROR/SCIFI, I am so happy with those :slight_smile:
So NO Fellini, Loach, Leigh, Ingmar Bergman, Wooden Allen etc for me :smiley:

Barbara Steele I also like a lot , she was the star of so many Superb Horror 1960s Films.