Things that really annoy me

1. Reviews of SW’s that compare it with Leone’s films - oh yeah, we might as well compare every mob movie to the Godfather. If you want to say that Bounty Killer for Trinity is a shitty movie because its not as good as Once upon a time in the west than you’re just stupid.

2. People who think Anthony Steffen is wooden - Sure he is, which is why he was so ideal for SWs!!! The characters he plays are supposed to be wooden. You might as well call Marlon Brando wooden in a apocalypse now (the horror), or Dustin Hoffman wooden in Rain man (gotta go to kmart). If you want more facial expressions, watch Jim Carrey. Name one actor other than eastwood who can pull Django the bastard off better than Steffen can. Nuff said.

3. People who think SW’s are too violent - This is the stupidest of all. Yeah thats what makes them so fun to watch. The bible has even more violence. yeah, SW’s are violent, so go watch some Lawrence Welk and get over it.

4. People who think Italians can’t make westerns because westerns are supposed to be American - I changed my mind, THIS is the stupidest of all. Americans are entitled to make movies set in Thailand (Anna and the King), Feudal Japan (The last samurai), Africa (I dream of Africa), Midieval england (Camelot), but yet Italians can’t do westerns. Yeah right. Get a life.

Interesting. I think though that a lot of people now know that italians can and have made westerns.

People who really think Demofilo Fidani is the worst sw director…

You must be oneangry peson then. :wink: But, for fear of annoying Bill, I will point out that have yet to see any of his movies so will refrain from critiscizing im myself.

People who think films like Hang Em’ High and High Plains Drifter are Spaghetti westerns.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:1, topic:1411”]1. Reviews of SW’s that compare it with Leone’s films - oh yeah, we might as well compare every mob movie to the Godfather. If you want to say that Bounty Killer for Trinity is a shitty movie because its not as good as Once upon a time in the west than you’re just stupid.

1. People who think Anthony Steffen is wooden - Sure he is, which is why he was so ideal for SWs!!! The characters he plays are supposed to be wooden. You might as well call Marlon Brando wooden in a apocalypse now (the horror), or Dustin Hoffman wooden in Rain man (gotta go to kmart). If you want more facial expressions, watch Jim Carrey. Name one actor other than eastwood who can pull Django the bastard off better than Steffen can. Nuff said.

2. People who think SW’s are too violent - This is the stupidest of all. Yeah thats what makes them so fun to watch. The bible has even more violence. yeah, SW’s are violent, so go watch some Lawrence Welk and get over it.

3. People who think Italians can’t make westerns because westerns are supposed to be American - I changed my mind, THIS is the stupidest of all. Americans are entitled to make movies set in Thailand (Anna and the King), Feudal Japan (The last samurai), Africa (I dream of Africa), Midieval england (Camelot), but yet Italians can’t do westerns. Yeah right. Get a life.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more, on all four points!

You beat me to it. I was just about to say this! Yeah some people think that every Clint Eastwood movie is an SW.

There’s this guy i knew from work, and he swears that the Dollars trilogy and OUATITW are the ONLY sw’s in existence! ??? According to him, there aren’t any more. I’ve actually tried to get him to come round and have a look at my collection but he won’t; he’s one of those people who refuses to back down even when it’s obvious as hell that he’s wrong!

These people are Muppets:

People who rag on Tony Anthony’s acting.

[quote=“Silver, post:8, topic:1411”]There’s this guy i knew from work, and he swears that the Dollars trilogy and OUATITW are the ONLY sw’s in existence! ??? According to him, there aren’t any more. I’ve actually tried to get him to come round and have a look at my collection but he won’t; he’s one of those people who refuses to back down even when it’s obvious as hell that he’s wrong![/quote]THEMS FIGHTIN’ WORDS! Please silever, don’t let him win. Maybe you should show him the definition on wikipedia. Besides, what the hell does he know!

I really don’t think it would help…just one of those people. Guess I’ll have to call him out :stuck_out_tongue:

Also people who hate the Stranger movies because they think that its a rip off of the dollars trilogy. They don’t understand that it is completely different concept. Its a satire, not a copycat. Tony anthony isn’t trying to be like Eastwood, he’s actually trying to be the opposite. Eastwood uses machismo, fighting ability and toughness, the Stranger on the other hand is a sneaky little rat who outwits everybody. Completely different character, yet they accuse it of copying…Morons.

Also some people don’t even realize the point of My Name is nobody. There was this idiotic book on Henry Fonda I was reading the other day that thought that the movie, Hill’s acting, and Morricone’s score was too over the top. HELLO!!! THAT WAS THE BLOODY INTENTION OF THE MOVIEMAKERS!!!

Numbskull…

Howard Hughes must piss you off then. Although I like his book, I completely disagree with his thoughts on the stranger films. You hit the nail on the head colonel. He also rags on Drummer of Vengeance!

Sarah Palin… oh wait, don’t have to worry about that any more… ;D

But seriously, 2 SW things that annoy me are when there’s kids in the movie and it’s always played by an obvious adult (like in Clint the Stranger).

That, and having to watch 5 or 6 spaghettis in a row before you see a good one. Tepepa thankfully broke that streak.

I just received Tepepa and will watch it soon. But I definitely agree about Sarah Palin. Average Joe my ass. $300,000 on a suit and just an average Joe!?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:13, topic:1411”]Also people who hate the Stranger movies because they think that its a rip off of the dollars trilogy. They don’t understand that it is completely different concept. Its a satire, not a copycat. Tony anthony isn’t trying to be like Eastwood, he’s actually trying to be the opposite. Eastwood uses machismo, fighting ability and toughness, the Stranger on the other hand is a sneaky little rat who outwits everybody. Completely different character, yet they accuse it of copying…Morons.[/quote]Good point.
Also, I hate critics who think all the sw’s were just copies of Leone films. It just shows that they don’t really know the stuff they write about. We’re talking about 400+ movies here. The whole phenomen of spaghetti westerns is a really remarkable thing in the whole history of the movies but some critics try to dismiss the whole genre and they only praise Leone now (which they didn’t do at the time when the films came out).

• People that rather watch a crappy movie that was made yesterday, than a good movie from decades ago.
  • People that disregard black & white films merely because there’s no colour.
  • People who think director X is God and go berserk when you say that you don’t like a movie from that particular director.
  • People who always claim to know what the director’s intentions were.
  • People who all of a sudden like a movie a whole lot better when they’ve heard the director talk about it.
  • People who like a particular movie because everyone else does.
  • People that like to see classics remade.
  • People who play the imdb card to ‘prove’ that a movie is good or bad.
  • People who only validate other’s opinions when they don’t conflict with their own (not just on movies).
  • People who make longass lists on internet fora under the vain pretence that there are others who give a damn.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:18, topic:1411”]- People that rather watch a crappy movie that was made yesterday, than a good movie from decades ago.

• People that disregard black & white films merely because there’s no colour.
  • People who think director X is God and go berserk when you say that you don’t like a movie from that particular director.
  • People who always claim to know what the director’s intentions were.
  • People who all of a sudden like a movie a whole lot better when they’ve heard the director talk about it.
  • People who like a particular movie because everyone else does.
  • People that like to see classics remade.
  • People who play the imdb card to ‘prove’ that a movie is good or bad.
  • People who only validate other’s opinions when they don’t conflict with their own (not just on movies).
  • People who make longass lists on internet fora under the vain pretence that there are others who give a damn.[/quote]

Can agree with all of your points.

Only it’s mostly not annoying to me, the world is like the world is, I will not change people

People who read more books and reviews about films than they do actually viewing the films.