They Call Me Trinity / Lo chiamavano Trinità … (Enzo Barboni, 1970)

and here some impressions I just saw on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZEefRIlqO/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRXeKpGBCTq/

1 Like

**WOW!

*Happy anniversary… :grinning:

Nice

1 Like

How is the recent Italian Blu-ray quality-wise?

there’s only a handful of user reviews on the italian Amazon site so far, but mostly positive. the transfer seems to lean towards a yellow color but ostensible a purposeful artistic decision to color grade the restauration that way…

1 Like

When I watched this one a few weeks ago as it aired on TV, it struck me that Major Harriman shares quite a few similarities with Hedley Lamarr from Blazing Saddles, both in terms of appearance and [even more so) manners. Harriman looks a bit younger, though.
Unknown-1
Unknown-3

A little known face, master of arms Giorgio Ubaldi

Giorgio Ubaldi

The picture, taken in more recent years, comes from the interesting documentary ‘Trinità… e fu tempo di fagioli western’ (not to be confused with the 60 min YouTube video focused on locations ‘Nelle terre di Trinità… e fu il tempo dei fagioli’).

3 Likes

Gave this one a re-watch recently, and it’s still a load of fun. Really goes to show the quality in the Trinity films and the lack of quality in the westerns made to ride the comedy western fad.

I find the sequel more of a “comfort movie”, i.e. it’s more of a feel-good film to watch, but the original is loads more hilarious, including one of my favorite film quotes:

“One shop destroyed. Three heads split like overripe melons. One man wounded and one castrated. All in two hours. Just two hours I left you alone. Two hours.”

That has to be the rawest line in a comedy film.

4 Likes

@Phil_H and I went to the Bud Spencer museum yesterday, and they had a lot of stuff on display, including original shooting scripts with hand written notes:

the info plaque said that the movie was filmed in English, not sure if true and why, but the script certainly is in English.

6 Likes

weren’t some spaghetti westerns shot in “English”? so, actors would either:
a) if skilled enough or native speakers, just speak English
b) phonetically speaking English
c) “counting” numbers to the rhythm of English

Most of the “bigger” spaghetti westerns were shot “in English”, so it wouldn’t surprise me if They Call Me Trinity was one of those cases, since director Barboni must’ve had some ambitions for the film, such as international recognition like Leone’s films. The lengthy-ish runtime for both Trinity films at least makes me assume so.

that is the only reason I could think of, because otherwise there isn’t a single English speaker on this cast is there…

Actually, Dan Sturkie (who plays the head Mormon) was actually an English voice dubber, and Steffen Zacharias (the older timer character) grew up in the States. The bad guy was also played by , American actor. Farley Granger. But yeah, aside from them, the cast is pretty much European.

1 Like

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format by @Phil_H .
Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Fan of the comedies? Poll for Trinity at the top of the page. :arrow_up:

I saw this one yesterday (on an old Danish widescreen VHS, actually) and really enjoyed it. The music, Terence Hill, Bud Spencer, the scenery, everything. Definetly a favorite!

4 Likes