They Call Me Hallelujah / Testa t’ammazzo, croce … sei morto. Mi chiamano Alleluja (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1971)

Not so much.
The sillyness has increased, the fistfights have increased, the style has decreased. Only the Cipriani soundtrack is similar good.

The 2nd one is in the first place a comedy and only then a western.
Only a small step to the Tresette films. (A small step for Carnimeo, but a big step for … uhh … mankind? … No … SWkind? … Never! … for … whatever)
Sometimes it’s better to make 3 steps back to get one forward. But Carnimeo didn’t.

I guess I’m aloje in saying I thought the sequel was great fun and often rather funny. But I definetly agree in most of what you say Stnaton. style decreased, more fistfights, etc.

Need to see the sequel.

I agree with Stanton. But I guess the sequel it’s worth to see if you like comedy spaghetti and if you doesn’t have big expectations.
The cast its basicly the same, only the idiocy was increased (widely)! The initial scene where Hilton shoots a kind of rocket with its pistol… speechless!

But I have to admit that, despite being disappointed about the overall quality, the sequel is a somehow pleasant film. Entertaining on a minor level. So to speak.

Can anyone confirm that the Triple X DVD contains English subs?
Ethaicd.com do not refer that…

I am not much of a fan of the comedy Westerns; but, I have to confess to liking the first Halleluja film. I have a full set of German Lobby cards for the sequel; but, believe it or not, I have never seen the movie.

Not that hard to believe. It’s neither popular nor widely available. Stuff that would stop no Spaghetti fan from ever viewing a film. ;D

Well…I have a copy of it. I just haven’t gotten around to watching it, yet. :wink:

[quote=“p.pereira, post:46, topic:36”]Can anyone confirm that the Triple X DVD contains English subs?
Ethaicd.com do not refer that…[/quote]

I bought it anyway. For future reference I alert that it does not include audio in Italian. It contains Thai and German.
Subtitles are available in English and Thai.

Therefore the info contained in the database is incorrect or related to a different release.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Triple_X_Film_DVD_catalog

[quote=“p.pereira, post:50, topic:36”]I bought it anyway. For future reference I alert that it does not include audio in Italian. It contains Thai and German.
Subtitles are available in English and Thai.[/quote]
May be a stupid question but why didn’t you just get the Halleluja Italo Western box set from Koch Media which is selling for practically nothing these days?

If I knew that the TripleX was in German, perhaps I would do that. I prefer the original Italian dubs with english/spanish/portuguese subs…
In the other hand I’ve already got the other two titles of the package through Spanish releases, so no need to duplicate.

Ah ok. Understandable. Don’t forget though that you get a sweet soundtrack cd included in the Koch Media deal aswell :slight_smile:

Ha! Ha! i’ve got three versions, Japan, Germany and Thai ;D

Maybe I’ll purchase the Japanese DVD one day. Despite all that I’m happy with the Thai DVD, image is sharp and German doesn’t bother me much.

The German release should be better. SPO-release is non-anamorphic. And will probably cost you the same as the whole Koch Media set anyways :slight_smile:

Insanity rules. I can see why you would want the German-release after starting (I guess) with the Japanese one but why on earth would you then ever want the Thai one?

Interesting. Which audio options does it feature?

Italian and German audio, English and German subtitles … It isn’t getting any better in my world :slight_smile:

Thank you. I’ll consider.

[quote=“Stanton, post:41, topic:36”]The sillyness has increased, the fistfights have increased, the style has decreased. Only the Cipriani soundtrack is similar good.

The 2nd one is in the first place a comedy and only then a western.
Only a small step to the Tresette films. (A small step for Carnimeo, but a big step for … uhh … mankind? … No … SWkind? … Never! … for … whatever)
Sometimes it’s better to make 3 steps back to get one forward. But Carnimeo didn’t.[/quote]

That’s my assessment for the the sequel as well, although I believe I liked it a bit better than you.

As for the original, it’s good but it suffers from having too many characters.
Which is something Carnimeo usually had in his westerns but always managed to get the balance right (all of the official Sartana sequels).

Other than that, and a silly russian dance given by Southwood, this movie is a pretty good.