They Call Me Hallelujah / Testa t’ammazzo, croce … sei morto. Mi chiamano Alleluja (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1971)

I love the (fake?) Russian dance

[quote=“Stanton, post:61, topic:36”]I love the (fake?) Russian dance[/quote]So do I, but then again I have started to like Tresette films too lately. :stuck_out_tongue:

Used to hate the dance but now I like it :smiley: .

i have the koch dvd do you guys know if that is uncut or not?

Supposed to be uncut.

I think all Koch SW DVDs are uncut. At least there aren’t any longer Versions available in this world.

[quote=“Søren, post:56, topic:36”]The German release should be better. SPO-release is non-anamorphic. And will probably cost you the same as the whole Koch Media set anyways :slight_smile:
Insanity rules. I can see why you would want the German-release after starting (I guess) with the Japanese one but why on earth would you then ever want the Thai one?[/quote]

I’ve got all the Macaroni boxes apart from the Trinity one and the Gemma one.

Yes your right, i got them before the German Koch release.

Insane i know but i like the look of them Thai ones, they are dirt cheap so every once in a while i pick one up so i don’t spend alot in one go, hopefully i’ll gradually get a set, i think they look quite nice together ;D

I’m with you in this one. I’ve got now seven DVD’s, and the dirty little ones looks really distinctive from the others.

:wink:

[quote=“p.pereira, post:67, topic:36”]I’m with you in this one. I’ve got now seven DVD’s, and the dirty little ones looks really distinctive from the others.[/quote]nice embossed covers aswell :wink:

yet another so -so SW. well made and not bad but not particularly good eithier. the comedy is ok and it even made me laugh in a couple of places. A little bit of gore mixed in with the mayhem. Average overall in my opinion. 6/10.

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/alleluia1.jpg/[/url]

[size=12pt]“Hallelujah (I’m a Nun!)”[/size]

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/They_call_me_Hallelujah_Review_(Scherpschutter)[/size]

(Again not working this link, links don’t like me)

Go To MAIN PAGE

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/They_call_me_Hallelujah_Review_(Scherpschutter)[/url]

Scherp if a link does not work, just mark the link and use the “insert hyperlink” button, then it works.

great review sherpshutter!!! :smiley:

[quote=“Stanton, post:72, topic:36”][url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/They_call_me_Hallelujah_Review_(Scherpschutter)[/url]

Scherp if a link does not work, just mark the link and use the “insert hyperlink” button, then it works.[/quote]

Never noticed a “insert hyperlink” button, but I’ll try next time

hyperlink … pff

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:74, topic:36”]Never noticed a “insert hyperlink” button, but I’ll try next time

hyperlink … pff[/quote]

Yep, sounds futuristic …

I found the button, one problem solved…

I did have a few laughs and that was the intention I think. In the end it was more the thinks that I did like from the ones I didn’t.

I usually like Hilton in SW (not so much in other genres, at least in the giallos), he’s perfect for this type of roles that require action mixed with comedy, so it’s always a positive point for me having the man in a SW (I must confess I even like the Tressete stuff). The rest of the cast was also interesting, did not liked the guy who played the Russian that much, by the way wasn’t that character trying to represent some sort of symbolism connect to the cold war? Maybe. Agata Flori made me wish the she made some nunsploitation flicks, she was really hot here, perhaps a bit wasted in sleaze terms that is.

The story is funny alright, even if it wrongly mixes the Zapata revolution with the First Mexican civil war of the Maximilian Emperor period. Having all those nationalities represented in the film was also Ok. The lines are pretty elaborate in the Italian version, and the production values seemed to be high, which means the producers and hopes of success for the film.

I like the way Carnimeo and Hilton created a parallel universe in the SW world with a hero full of gadgets, which looked indestructible Alleluia for that. The score if nothing special doesn’t let you indifferent and suits the film fine. It sometimes works as one of those spoof films taking elements of other SW, maybe not so much as a parody but as homage.

What I didn’t like? Well nothing special its always difficult to mix so much violence with comedy but even in that department the film gets away with it. The all thing would be elevated to the square and more, in the Tressete flicks, but this one was OK, I liked, not my cup of tea of course, but I’m not a tea fan any way. Now let’s watch the second film

[quote=“El Topo, post:77, topic:36”]I did have a few laughs and that was the intention I think. In the end it was more the thinks that I did like from the ones I didn’t.

I usually like Hilton in SW (not so much in other genres, at least in the giallos), he’s perfect for this type of roles that require action mixed with comedy, so it’s always a positive point for me having the man in a SW (I must confess I even like the Tressete stuff). The rest of the cast was also interesting, did not liked the guy who played the Russian that much, by the way wasn’t that character trying to represent some sort of symbolism connect to the cold war? Maybe. Agata Flori made me wish the she made some nunsploitation flicks, she was really hot here, perhaps a bit wasted in sleaze terms that is.

The story is funny alright, even if it wrongly mixes the Zapata revolution with the First Mexican civil war of the Maximilian Emperor period. Having all those nationalities represented in the film was also Ok. The lines are pretty elaborate in the Italian version, and the production values seemed to be high, which means the producers and hopes of success for the film.

I like the way Carnimeo and Hilton created a parallel universe in the SW world with a hero full of gadgets, which looked indestructible Alleluia for that. The score if nothing special doesn’t let you indifferent and suits the film fine. It sometimes works as one of those spoof films taking elements of other SW, maybe not so much as a parody but as homage.

What I didn’t like? Well nothing special its always difficult to mix so much violence with comedy but even in that department the film gets away with it. The all thing would be elevated to the square and more, in the Tressete flicks, but this one was OK, I liked, not my cup of tea of course, but I’m not a tea fan any way. Now let’s watch the second film[/quote]

I like tea, cevada tea!
Love this flick. The sequel is not that good, but better than the Tresette’s.

Had the Koch Hallelujah box for a while now and I finally watched this…

And I thought it was pretty damn funny!

Watched the version in the Timeless box set and thought it was quite fun. I do feel like the filmmakers thought the film was going to be a lot more clever than it turned out to be. It’s not as good as the Sartana films or Sabata. I’ll have to watch the sequel now.