They Call Me Hallelujah / Testa t’ammazzo, croce … sei morto. Mi chiamano Alleluja (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1971)

Then you will probably be overwhelmed by TCMH

Gotta buy that great looking Koch Media box when i will have some more money to spend. It features OST by our fave composer Cipriani if i’m not mistaken?

Yes, the soundtrack is from both Halleluja films with a total of 66 min.

Great stuff then, gotta move it higher on my ‘to buy’ list.

Just finished the first viewing of this one and I loved it. I am generally not huge on comedy spaghettis, although I am with alk0 in that I can enjoy them as long as they are not boring and overloaded with stupid fistfights(as a side thought, it would be great if the spaghetti genre overall could of avoided the obligatory fistfight scenes, as they are usually always tiresome to sit through)

TCMH, while it got plenty silly, never quite felt “stupid” to me. It was directed well, and the action sequences were nice and violent.

Will definitely be adding this title to my top list.

Exactly!

We need urgently a fistfight filter

I love this movie, it’s one of my favorites. Hilton and Southwood made a kick butt team in this and I Am Sartana. The sewing machine gun was one of the coolest weapons I’ve ever seen. And that scene with Southwood waking up and doing the dance is funny. Im not a big fan of the slapstick comedy Westerns either, but this has a nice balance of action and humor. The whole thing plays like a live action comic book.

Agreed. I thought at several points it felt like watching well done Anime.

That would be nice. As a kid I loved the fights in the Spencer-Hill-movies, and I still sort of like them today. But as you all said, it’s so boring. I don’t like long fights in general, this means I’m no big fan of the whole matrial arts stuff, becauce of the endless fighting.
Remember the Zatiochi talk on another thread? That’s one of the reason I like that one, because the swordfights only last a few seconds, even the showdown.

anyone know if there’s an English dub for this title on any available versions?

[quote=“autephex, post:31, topic:36”]anyone know if there’s an English dub for this title on any available versions?[/quote]Japanese and Brazilian versions:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Testa_t’ammazzo%2C_croce…_sei_morto…_Mi_chiamano_Alleluja/DVD

Yeah, just realized after I posted that I should of checked the DB first… doh… guess i’ll have to track one of em down to add an english dub to the koch release… if these Koch releases had the english tracks, they would be perfect… that and maybe some subtitles for the extras on some of the discs…

Subtitles on the extras is the big one for me. I can live with the italian audio on the films. But the extras are such a tease and then I can’t understand any of them >:(

yeah, its really a bummer. They have some nice looking extra features too, with decent runtimes.

i can handle the italian audio with subs, and a lot of times prefer it. But at times, its nice to not have to read when i’m feeling lazy and just want to be entertained. And also, if I want to show the film to one of my not-so-into-subtitles friends

Ah yes. We’ve all got friends like that

The sergio sollima featurette on the Big Gundown disc totally pissed me off. If you’re going to do english subs for the movie you might as well do the same for the documentary!

Watched this one yesterday and was surprised at how much I liked it. Silly but fun SW nonsense with great performances from Hilton, Southwood (love this guy, wish he had done more SWs) and the lovely Agata Flori. A few original touches, too…

The sewing machine it’s a little too much, but nevertheless I really like this one. Excellent Hilton, nice plot, maybe a little confusing, but it’s a Carmineo, right?! Sadly, the sequel doesn’t accomplish similar competence.

I was going to ask about the sequel, as I’ve never seen it. So, it’s not very good?