They Call Him Cemetery / Gli fumavano le Colt … lo chiamavano Camposanto (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1971)

I checked this one out also - it’s sharper than the official Italian DVD by a long way … there’s also another upload of the same film, in English with permanent Portuguese subs … but it’s even nicer quality. So they are likely 1080p ok, but uploaded at low bitrate on YouTube … if you download these files, most are around 1GB more or less.

PS: You don’t get all the annoying breaks and pop up adds if you download them :wink:

The other version on youtube was probably recorded from Amazon (or they even bypassed the drm) because the Amazon (com) version was released around that time (the uk amazon already had it for months I believe) and it has portuguese subtitles available. Looks like it except much worse bitrate.

They Call Him Cemetery has also been available on Amazon but isn’t right now. Don’t know which company is behind the release so don’t know if it had better quality audio or not. May God Forgive is by the actual owners (Minerva Pictures).

Does anyone know what type or model is the collapsible metal cup used by Duke during the film? I’m curious as to what type is the one used in the film because it’s not circular, it has a big D in the middle, within the film it’s a memento from his noble father and it’s supposed to be used in the Old West, so I want to know if it was a popular model of the era or just an Italian invention for the film.

1 Like

It looks suspiciously like a tin of corned beef - Sorry I don’t have any info to help answer your question, but I am a big fan of this movie, especially William Berger’s character … really funny and really cool.

They Call Him Cemetery has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like

There’s a new poll for this one at the top of the page.