The Ugly Ones / The Bounty Killer / El precio de un hombre (Eugenio Martín, 1966)

I keep seeing or suspecting these things. Folks that do dvd/bluray restorations may not always have an untouched original somewhere to compare and their color regrading will erase the blue filter used in the 60s to create night scenes…

I remember noticing that in “What am I doing in the middle of a revolution?” But why would they erase the blue filter intentionally? Or is it some automatic thing for people not paying attention?

I think it is the latter. if done automatically and nobody watches the end result side by side with some sort of reference material, then it wont even be noticed. I even have my doubts about some more high quality restorations including arrow. I bet my ass there are more night scenes in Viva Django than the BluRay will show you…

Does anyone know if the Wild East has good quality or nah? I have heard something about heavy filtering and crappy audio, can someone elaborate? There might be something stated in this thread, but I have not read it to avoid spoilers.

Do you mean the Blu Ray or DVD …?

The Blu Ray is great, considering it’s just ripped from the French release and redubbed with the same English audio source as their DVD … the sound is a bit rough, hissy and filtered, with some home dubbing for one brief line of dialogue - why they ever thought that was a good idea is still mind blowing to me.

Their DVD release is horrible, it looks like a 700mb Xvid rip blown up to DVD size - it’s blocky and shaky the way low res TV or Youtube clips can appear. Avoid, even if you’re a WE completist.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Yes, I was referring to the Blu Ray. I want to watch more spaghettis, so I mught pick it up before Spaghvemberfest.

1 Like

Don’t think the BluRay is great in fact it was bad enough in my eyes so I gave it away

1 Like

What did you find bad about it? … admittedly I just had a quick look at the main film, because I wanted to see the interviews and extras, but the PQ of the movie looked sharp and clear to me :thinking: You would have hated the DVD version!

How is the quality of Sonny & Jed compared to whatever other versions there is out there? I haven’t got around to watch that one yet.

I think the Blu-Ray looks great. The DVD was better than the Marketing DVD but still as said above… Not great.

It’s the usual for Wild East … much softer than it’s source - because they convert PAL releases to NTSC. It’s watchable but inferior to other versions I’ve seen.

Ah I see. Poor conversions can look really bland and boring… Wonder if it’s sourced from one of those Japanese DVDs…

Most of the early Japanese DVDs were non anamorphic widescreen, which looked ok when we all had much smaller 4.3 ratio TVs … I think Wild East were using European releases, with or without permission ? :thinking:

so let’s see what EM will deliver
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Precio_de_un_hombre,_El/BluRay

1 Like

Please have clear English audio, for once.

1 Like

When is this thing going to go live for pre-orders? Lol

not sure how this works on Amazon, but the links are up, just keep an eye out. It is a december release so there is still plenty of time.
my assumption is this: before amazon enables actual pre-orders, it awaits for the publisher to submit (in the system or whatever) an estimated time and number of items that will be provided to the amazon warehouses, only once amazon has that information it can let customers order it without them being pissed off for not recieving it

1 Like

Okay so pre order is live for this bad boy on Amazon Germany. It had the line about delivery outside Germany with 18 ratings but it let me place the order. Also through in Long Live Your Death AKA Don’t Turn the Other Cheek blu-ray as somehow I missed that one.

YES ,your right , still had a hard time making out what they were saying ,like it sounded caned . hope blu-ray comes out with better sound and wild east picture.

1 Like

Explosive Media are releasing it soon, will likely be an upgrade over the WE one

1 Like

yes, it should be good, i hope. im playing catch up, been a while. thanks amigo.

1 Like