The SWDb Top SW soundtrack awards

I’m not surprised at all that Ennio had a majority of the top 10… but I am surprised that he was nearly the entire list! 6 scores from other artists made it here! Crazy! This confirms we need to do an alternate top 20 and a top 20 themes list so we can get some other artists in the limelight.

1 Like

So I am getting to work. Who can help out?

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Top_20_Spaghetti_Western_Soundtracks

Feel free to improve the intro text and add the list of movies resulting from the poll. Once we’re done with that we can get started with the other two list projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the intro text is good, you did a great job with it. I can help provide album covers and flavor text for each album when it comes time to build that section, as well as anything else needed. I’m looking forward to getting this started!

1 Like

thanks. if you can, use the album covers already uploaded in the swdb, and if you upload extra ones, please also insert them on these movies’ soundtrack pages. I should be ready set up the rest of the page this weekend I hope

Hello Sebastian,

It might be also a great idea to make a top 50 (or less) of the best spagettiwestern (or eurowestern/ hollywoodwesterns) sung themes or endtitles sung themes. There are a lot of beautifull songs among them. I do collect them on cd but also on 7 inch singles for my jukebox. As almost every western had at least one song in the movie , you can come with a very pretty comprehensive list.
My top 50 would be :

1/ Django : Berto Fia (italian lyrics) (Django)
2/ Texas goodbye : Don Powell (Texas addio)
3/ A gringo like me : Peter Tevis ( Gunfight at red sands)
4/ Wandrin Star : Lee Marvin (Paint your wagon)
5/ The Price Of Gold : Roberto Matano (Kill The Wicked!)
6/ Johnny Yuma : The Wilder brothers (Johnny Yuma)
7/ Il ritorno di Ringo : Maurizio Graf ( The return of ringo)
8/ Espanto En El Corazon : Tomas Milian (Run man run)
9/ Occhio per occhio : Maurizio Graf (For a few dollars more)
10/ Django : Rocky Roberts (English lyrics) (Django) (Django Unchained)
11/ Flaming Star : Elvis Presley (Flaming star)
12 The way west : Serendipity singers (the way west)
13/ Ringo, dove vai? : Bobby Solo ($100,000 for Ringo)
14/ Home To My Love : Gino ( The Hills run red)
15/ Cavalcade… Pour Elise : Edda Dell’Orso (A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe)
16/ Can Be Done : Rocky Roberts (It can be done)
17/ Death Rides A Horse : Raoul (Death Rides A Horse)
18/ Trinita : Annibale (they call me trinity)
19/ The good times are coming : Mama cass elliot (Monte Walsh (with Lee Marvin))
20/ Blaze Of Glory : Jon bon jovi (Young Guns II)
21/ Silver Saddle : Ken Tobias (Silver saddle)
22/ Don’t Lose Control : Gene Roman (Man of the east)
23/ My Rifle, My Pony, and Me : Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson (Rio Bravo)
24/ Charro: Elvis Presley (Charro)
25/ Rawhide : Frankie Laine ( Rawhide (Tv Serie))
26/ Lonesome Billy : Peter Tevis (Bullets Don’t Argue)
27/ I Know My Love : Mark Wolf (A Barrel Full of Dollars)
28/ Desperado : John Balfour ( Desperado)
29/ Rocks, Blood And Sand : Don Powell (And God said to cain)
30/ Laredo : Don Powell (Death Walks in Laredo)
31/ Soldier Blue : Buffy Sainte-Marie ( Soldier Blue)
32/ Freedom Rainbow : Canary Jones (The Valdez Horses)
33/ A Man… A Story : Fred Bongusto (Blood for a Silver Dollar)
34/ Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door : Bob Dylan (Pat Garret & Billy the kid)
35/ Movin’ On : Cook And Benjamin Franklin Group (Four of the Apocalypse)
36/ Bonanza : Lorne Greene ( Bonanza (Tv Serie))
37/ Vou Caminhando : Tomas Millian (The Magnificent Bandits)
38/ Find a man : Maurizio Graf (Johnny Hamlet )
39/ Adiós Gringo : Fred Bongusto (Adios Gringo)
40/ A Man Must Fight : Peter Tevis (Seven Dollars on the Red)
41/ A Man Alone : Raoul (And Then a Time for Killing)
42/ There Was A Crooked Man : Trini Lopez (There Was A Crooked Man )
43/ The Green Leaves of summer : The Brothers Four (The Alamo)
44/ Ride Away : Sons of the pioneers (The searchers)
45/ You Can Fly : Dream Bags ‎ (Carambola!)
46/ Arizona Colt : Raoul (The Man from Nowhere)
47/ Sky’s Motor Bike : Dream Bags (Carambola’s Philosophy: In the Right Pocket)
48/ True Grit : Glen Campbell ‎(True Grit)
49/ The Wind In My Face : Stephen Boyd (Those Dirty Dogs)
50/ There Will Come A Morning : Don Powell ( A Few Dollars for Django)

But there are a lot more beautifull songs than those above : As you can see in your own database, there is almost one song per movie. All those you can find on you tube. I took the USA titel for every movie. Let me know if it’s a good idea. And maybe when its not a good idea to do a voting list, then it’s a good idea to put it on SWDB. Beside the singing songs you can put also a link for the film themes per movie.
Greetings
André

2 Likes

Hey Sebastian, there is one word missing at the end of the first sentence. "…Spagettiwestern soundtracks."
I think …
greetings
andré

Awesome, I can totally do that!

Hi André! Welcome to the SWDB, amigo. I think we’re going to be compiling a list of the most popular individual songs next, although we’ll likely be limiting our nominations purely to songs from spaghetti westerns. I like your list though, I’d love a jukebox full of those tunes! :slight_smile:

Howdy man! I think a jukebox would be a nifty idea, though I’m not entirely certain if that would work out too well… I don’t know if the copyright nonsense would allow for that.

Ok I set up one entry for Companeros. What do you think? Should we do the rest the same way, or differently?

Perfect! I’ll get started on the rest!

Just one question though, how do I go about doing that? Do I need to be made an editor? I’ve tried logging in with my account to edit the page but I wasn’t able to access it.

Yes, your forum account is not your SWDB account; anyone can register with the forum but an SWDB account is by request to @Admin only (purely so’s the database isn’t at the complete mercy of any troll who wants to f*ck it up for a laugh or whatever). But Seb will sort you out an account Nick, no problem.

2 Likes

Excellent! I’m all set up now, thanks to ya’ll!

I see you made some first steps, starts looking great. Let me know if you need help, I can assist this coming weekend

Thanks! Yeah it took a little while to understand the formatting, but I’m working on it, I might be able to get it done before the weekend actually.

Tell me what you think of the Top 20 page so far! It’s not complete, but I’m making some headway on it. I’m contemplating creating a new banner for the page as well, unless somebody likes it the way it is now. It’ll be hand drawn and will feature the composers.

I’m also thinking about adding more of the composers pages and sprucing up Maestro Nicolai’s page.

6 Likes

Very nicely done.

Thank you! This is my first time contributing to the site and I’m very excited to help out!

2 Likes

Nice job so far, Nick. Looking forward to reading the rest!

May I suggest mentioning everyone’s favorite pocket watch chime in the FaFDM description? :wink:

Looking good. Well done.