The Stranger Returns / Un uomo, un cavallo, una pistola (Luigi Vanzi, 1967)

Had my dvd a little longer, must make the effort to view.

Although there’s isn’t much to separate them, I loved this film and preferred it over the first ever so slightly.

On another note, can anyone tell me what it was the Stranger used to cut the ropes when he was being pushed in front of the stagecoach? I couldn’t see what it was and it’s bugging the hell out of me.

News about the new DVD from Colosseo Film (Germany), Release Date 12 April 2012*:

The DVD will be released as a 2 disc set.
Version 1 in the original format in 1.33 (4:3 fullscreen) and version 2 in 1.66 (16:9 Anamorphic).

Running time: 1:31:40 (uncut)

Sound:
German (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
Italian (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

Subtitles: German

Extras:

• Original English Trailer
  • Original German Trailer
  • Audio Commentary with Tony Anthony
  • Photo Gallery

Screenshots (Version 1):

[b]*Source: [url]http://dirtypictures.phpbb8.de/italowestern-f7/western-jack-luigi-vanzi-t3485-200.html[/url][/b]

Looks super quality. Not one usually for audio commentaries, but may make an exception in this case.

Damn!! :smiley: Looks awesome!

looks great, but what is the purpose to have it in 1.33 and 1.66?
i’ve seen dual russ/eng version, a there was much wider picture

i can’t believe how good picture it is!!!
looks like koch media transfer

Them screenshots look fantastic.

[quote=“tomas, post:46, topic:118”]looks great, but what is the purpose to have it in 1.33 and 1.66?
i’ve seen dual russ/eng version, a there was much wider picture[/quote]

1,33 is the format of the camera negative
1,66 is the matted theatrical format, the one for which the image was made.

[quote=“Stanton, post:49, topic:118”]1,33 is the format of the camera negative
1,66 is the matted theatrical format, the one for which the image was made.[/quote]

Which is the “preferred” version?

Sehr schoen! :slight_smile:

1,66:1

Haven’t seen for a while and just watched the movie. I liked it a lot maybe also because of the fine new release of Colosseo film. The release is really very good and it was worth every cent. There are two versions of the movie (16:9 and 4:3). I prefer the 16:9 Version.
There is no Audio commentary but a 40 minutes interview with Tony Anthony. :wink:

Can anybody post screenshots of the menus please?

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:53, topic:118”]Haven’t seen for a while and just watched the movie. I liked it a lot maybe also because of the fine new release of Colosseo film. The release is really very good and it was worth every cent. There are two versions of the movie (16:9 and 4:3). I prefer the 16:9 Version.
There is no Audio commentary but a 40 minutes interview with Tony Anthony. ;)[/quote]

great, certainly a must have material for me

Here you are!

Thanks alot Tucobene! Wow this release is something else!

Agreed, that is pretty decent.

Just viewed the recent dvd of this one. Viewed the widescreen version and the print is very nice. The english soundtrack is a huge improvement over the previous bootleg dvd. Very enjoyable western with the star on top form. The audio interview on the disc with Anthony is imformative stuff, even though he goes round the houses so to speak at times.

Had the pleasure of watching the new Colosseo release and I am quite surprised how much more I enjoyed the film viewing it in such great quality. Usually video quality doesn’t affect my thinking about the actual movie, but in this case it just made a huge difference. I didn’t necessarily dislike this movie before, but I do remember being bored with it at several points. Perhaps this was just an early viewing in my spaghetti career and my taste has changed since then, but I really enjoyed it a lot this time around.

I haven’t watched the extra interview/commentary yet, but what an excellent addition and the kind of bonus that usually isn’t available in English.

That’s a really nice looking case/cover as well.