[quote=“Garabombo, post:121, topic:243”]Just a few words about the locations (outside the towns).
Like said from others, locations are in Dolomite (but at the heart of the Alps properly said not “pre-alps”).
The wonderful landscapes shows the following mountains:
- “Croda da Lago”, “Lastoni di Formin”, “M. Cernera”, “Nuvolau”, “Averau” and “Cinque Torri (Five Towers)”
- The mountain range of “Sorapiss”
- Peaks and spires that belongs to “Le Tofane” (like the foregroung of the titles flying crows)
- The “Croda Rossa d’Ampezzo” at twilight
- North faces of “Popena” & “Cristallo” groups
The camera was mainly located in the area near “Col Druscie” and “Prati di Rumerlo” (Rumerlo meadows), at that time touched by a car track and cableway.
The last of the above list instead was shooted from Val Popena Bassa near the bridge on the route (indeed “Val Fonda” ?)
I don’t succeed to identify with certainty the second part of the sequence where the sheriff and Hud enters riding in a little canyon, but it seems on the North of the Cristallo group.
Recently the entire Dolomite region becam UNESCO World Heritage Natural Sites.
For a view: http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/152429/cortina-dolomites.html[/quote]
Thanks for sharing that Garabombo. Looks a beautiful place.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.