The Spaghetti Westerns of Lucio Fulci

For me,too

Love MASSACRE TIME
Like FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE quite a bit
Have not caught up with SILVER SADDLE as of yet

i would have to go for Massacre Time

How come there are 17 votes but “Total Members Voted: 14”? Also, why the 2 White Fang films are not included. ???

Since A Bullet for Sandoval (a masterpice) is not Fulci, I’ll vote for Massacre Time too. 4 of the Apocalypse and Silver Saddle just average. Damn awful hippie scores ruin much of both films for me. >:(

That would make the 1st White Fang his second best spaghetti. Yeah, this was not Fulci’s genre…

Not everybody considers White Fang to be western. They call it an adventure film set in the snowy candian or alaskan wilderness.

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:44, topic:1329”]How come there are 17 votes but “Total Members Voted: 14”?[/quote]I think the poll shows the votes of members who have deleted their account or have been banned too.

masacre time
i like a lot the team: frango nero, george hilton

Silver Saddle is ok. I thought it was a well done late spaghetti but it lacked the nostalgia of other twilight spaghetti westerns, like Keoma.

On the other hand, Massacre Time is a genre classic. It is stylistically unusual with Fulci creating his own weird and surreal twist on Leone’s style. It was a well thought out movie. I love the US dub (AIP, right?) on the WildEast DVD, which is far less intrusive than the UK dub on most releases.

Four of the Apocalypse is not quite as good, but still an excellent late spaghetti western. Unfortunately, it is hyped in the context of his zombie and slasher films, so its more lyrical and human elements are overlooked.