The Ruthless Four / Ognuno per sé (Giorgio Capitani, 1968)

I watched this after having it for a year or so now. I have it in the dvd which is doubled with border shootout. The quality is not good obviously, but it is pretty much just a transfer from vhs. Its better in quality than the rest of their releases. I loved it. May go into my top 20. Can anyone tell me where i can find the version of misirluo played at the end of the film. This may be the first film to use misirluo in it. Obviously predating pulp fiction.

I found a rather unusual SW.
It is less about shootings. More of the psychological point of view in the foreground.
However, I think that the score not fits here.
Kinski again with his crazy actor roles. :slight_smile:
Upscale average for me.
My rating 6 / 10

The film is shown every 1 or 2 years on German television.
Is not understandable why there is no DVD release. :o
There were once rumors that Koch Media would bring it.
Whether it’s true, I do not know.

Cover of the new Koch Media DVD of The Ruthless Four

Release date in late March
Extras: Interview with Hilton and Capitani, presentation of the movie from Bruschini, Trailer.

Good title for a Koch release

Yes, finally dvd release! Pretty good looking cover compared to some former Koch releases.

The Cover is available in HQ now:

I just watched it online and I really liked it. I think it will even make it into my alternative top 20. I’m really looking forward to it’s release from Koch media.

Only a little better than average for me, which is why I’m not all over what looks to be another high quality Koch Media release.

Yeah, will definitely get the Koch release, but average for me as well… the best part for me is the opening scene and Heflin walking through the desert.

I’m with you on this one. Sits comfortably in my alternative top 20.

It’s a 6/10 film for me and not in my top 50.
But for being presumably another high class Koch release, and as I’m still willing to support Koch with these things, I have pre-ordered it too.
And will rewatch it immediately when it arrives.

Like this one alot and looking forward to the Koch disc.

Watched the extras of the Koch disc last night. Very nice and interesting interviews :slight_smile: !!! I’m looking forward to watch the movie… ;D

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:53, topic:858”]Watched the extras of the Koch disc last night. Very nice and interesting interviews :slight_smile: !!! I’m looking forward to watch the movie… ;D[/quote]Is Hilton interview in english?

Unfortunately not, it’s in Italian with German subs…

damn!

Does the actual film on the Koch disc have english audio or just english subtitles ?

English audio (missing scenes have english subs)

Thanks for that :slight_smile: .

And it is a beautifully designed Digi in a slipcase.