The rarest of the rare

OK, thanks. I erased it from my search list.

Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine (1968)

I have heard that no one knows where a copy of this film can be found . . . all the prints were lost or destroyed?

No one seems to have a copy of this one, have a look here:

[quote=“RM, post:82, topic:1144”]Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine (1968)

I have heard that no one knows where a copy of this film can be found . . . all the prints were lost or destroyed?[/quote]

Nobody knows.

Maybe there are still 35 mm prints somewhere in Italy

1 Like

To sum up: the usual Vamos a matar Sartana, the seemingly unobtainable Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine, the phantasmic The Ghosts of Omah-Ri (but there’s someone who swears to have seen it in the Eighties…) and A Gallows for Three Cowards, the most mysterious of all, with black and white production stills available but despite that totally unidentified cast!

la leggenda di tara pokì - This is from 1971, and I can’t find much about it.

A little bit poki:

There’s also a database entry.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Tara_poki

taraaa …

Cheers.

Not only it was completed, it was also recovered and shown in November 2015 in Rome in the presence of Marco Giusti and the director Amasi Damiani.

Omah-Ri Ghosts was submitted to Italian censorship in December 1976 - with a few scenes added unbeknownst to Damiani - under the equally bizarre title L’unghiata del gigante (The Giant’s Claw Mark), verified film length 2310 meters equivalent to 84 minutes.

That’s all I know. Can someone put it on YouTube? It would be greatly appreciated!

I remain hopeful and reiterate my request! :grinning:

POLL

Which of these ultra-rare SWs interests you the most? Vote and discuss!

• Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine with Edmund Purdom
  • Vamos a matar Sartana with George Martin
  • The Ghosts of Omah-Ri with Richard Harrison
  • A Scaffold for Three Cowards with Cameron Steel

0 voters

Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine might actually be worth a viewing, since it looks like a decent enough movie, the rest appears to be unadulterated trash though. I mean I could see myself viewing Vamos a matar Sartana for masochistic purposes during some Spagvemberfest (that Fidani theme sounds very tantalizing in a perverse way), but other than that, I can hardly imagine somebody losing their sleep over not having seen The Ghosts of Omah-Ri or something along those lines. I have to confess I haven’t heard of A Scaffold for Three Cowards until now. Also, I don’t think The Ghosts of Omah-Ri even has an IMDb listing.

1 Like

Too bad that Vamos a matar Sartana dvd never surfaced that was planned some 15 years ago or so. But at least there should be english print available so maybe one day.

I hope so. I am familiar with the poster artwork. It really struck a cord with me. I know nothing of the actual plot though!

All of them! :laughing:

Does the winner get a Blu release?

Of course, on 4K Ultra HD format! :wink:

1 Like

Naushad has (had?) this print, right?

Yep.

Doesn’t seem all that improbable after Django’s Cut Price Corpses’s Blu-ray release. I wish Tarantino would make yet another spag-inspired western so that we could get another wave of Blu-ray releases of shitty spags with taglines in the likes of “this movie inspired Tarantino!”.

2 Likes