The Price of Death / Il venditore di morte (Enzo Gicca Palli, 1971)

While it’s not really a good-looking western and it looks a bit cheap, the story is really good. Quite a detective story with a real good script. Worth watching if you’re out for a good crime story with a western-town setting.

For more info visit:
Database page Venditore di morte, Il - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give The Price of Death your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Damn that I was so tired watching it on TV. I only saw the beginning. Fuckin’ school :wink:

how can you be tired? tired of what? haha

I am tired of getting up 6 o clock in the morning. Normally i can be awake till whenever but not in school time. too much stress?! :smiley:
And don’t laugh only because you are a “night guy”. :wink:

I was quite impressed with this one apart from the stupid slapstick stuff with the fellas in the lake, which jarred with the rest of the film. I don’t know what Palli was thinking there. I guess he wanted to hedge his bets with the genre on it’s way out.

Cheers

Martin

lake? refresh my memory :wink:
oh yeah i remember. well yeah i guess you’re right, he just wanted to include some popular elements…

but really what convinced me was the intelligent script, you don’t have such well-thought law dramas often in this genre really

Good film but I was still little disappointed. I had an impression that this is something of a mixture of giallo thriller and spaghetti western. I’m also much interested of giallos so I was expecting something special but apart from the first scene there wasn’t really any giallo stuff. But anyway, good script with Garko and Kinski, that’s enough for me.

and yes, that lake fighting scene was really out of place.

I agree with you guys ! The movie is really cheap made, budget was probably pretty low, or Garko and Kinski were too expensive. The story is above average though and so are the actors ! Nothing very special but solid work !

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Bluntwolf,

That is a great photo you have there!!! :slight_smile:

Thanx,

I’m collecting them ! In fact, I try to collect everything about SW, especially pictures, posters and the movies of course !!!

It’s quite a collection already !!!

Bluntwolf,

I have a huge collection of Lobby Cards, Pressbooks, and original posters from France, Italy and US. I would like to share some pictures if you don’t mind.

Hi 2xJudas,

what exactly do you mean by that !!! I guess everything I would have to offer is already part of your collection !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

If you ever want to trade items or sell any let me know. If you just want to share jpg files of your stuff that would be cool also.

My inspiration for starting this thread came from my giallo spaghetti thread. I read Shobary’s review and it still sounded interesting. A murder Mystery spaghetti western. Sounds similar to Grand Duel. How is it?

Database page: Venditore di morte, Il - The Spaghetti Western Database

There is already a thread for this movie although it’s quite old:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,207.0.html

We desperately need some way to make it more visible which movies already have their own thread. Perhaps by throwing a forum thread-link in the database entry for the movie !?

The only two things I remember about this movie is the aforementioned giallo intro, Kinski spending most of the movie pissed (angry, not drunk) in his jail cell, and Gianni Garko as the upper-class gunslinger :slight_smile:

Hey Korano… your profile pic of Lee Van Cleef looks familiar to me :wink:
I am getting a feeling that it’s from my collection ;D

or am I getting senile too early ?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I got it off another site but I guess I didn’t. I think I’ve been to your site now. Do you mind if use it?

There’s already a topic for this movie:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,207.0.html

Someone already told me. Goddamnit. I checked three times last night to see if a topic existed. I even checked it’s database page. Well, they’ll be combined I hope.

I thought I got it off another site but I guess I didn't. I think I've been to your site now. Do you mind if use it?

Not at all my friend :slight_smile: You can use my images as you wish.

btw, this image suits your profile 8)