The prettiest spaghetti western boxsets

What do you guys think about the big clamshell boxes that German labels like Simple Movies put out? I find them very much annoying because they don’t fit with the other DVDs, and I don’t like putting them with the tapes either. Forever they shall dwell in limbo!

Absolutely love the original poster art for The Hills Run Red aswell! Amazing looking box there…

I love vintage movie artwork, particularly Western genre art. So I think it’s great when it’s used on DVD and Blu Ray packaging and booklets. Arrow releases are great for that. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I have a bunch of those. Pretty nice! I just put them next to box sets and books on the shelf. I especially like Vengeance, that X-Rated Kult put out.

1 Like

Yeah I like the big boxes if the poster art was good. I had several - my favorites I had were Hole in the Forehead and California. I’ve sold all of them now except for California, which is a crap release but I kept the box and put the Koch DVD in it.

I do stuff like that. Glad it’s not just me who does.

Makes my brain hurt, this behavior. But to each their own, haha.

1 Like

I don’t do it often, but in this case the NEW California DVD isn’t worth selling and I love the box. Koch always has terrible artwork, the worst kind imo, so I decided to make use of the lovely box.

In fact, I’ve downsized most of my physical collection and I am really moving away from the habit of buying/collecting items which basically just sit on a shelf. So my collection of physical discs isn’t hard to maintain these days, altho I still have a lot of DVDRs that need to be reined in

I hear you. A couple of weeks ago I sent 12kg of DVD’s to a friend. Some pretty good stuff actually, but came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn’t watch it anymore, so why let it take up space.

1 Like

My wife probably wishes I would do the same!

The first pressing of the Arrow Sartana Box Set and the ultra rare Arrow Steelbook of Django (I was lucky enough to have pre-ordered and received it before Blue Underground make their big stink) are the pride and joy of my SW collection, but I also love the original Paramount DVD release of Once Upon a Time in the West with the old time photo style artwork of the three gunman, the Italian poster art cover of The Big Gundown from Grindhouse Releasing, all my Koch Media releases.

1 Like

This tin is the best presented one I’ve got. The Paramount OUTiW does look like a Special Edition. The 50th Anniversary Edition is a recycled release so I wouldn’t bother with it.

5 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

As a former art student I love this kind of artwork. It highlights the apocalyptic look and mood of the film. The dark colour scheme gives it a brooding quality.

1 Like

So those years at art school were not wasted, after all, Ali B.

Thanks M. I think the style fits the genre like a glove. Nothing comes close these days.

Sorry to go off topic but when the hell are they going to do another run of this set so everyone can get one? I’ve waited like 2 years now. I have the BU Django but dammit I want the Arrow, too. lol And you can’t even buy the BU blu-ray anymore!!

1 Like

That would be great. I always enjoyed his films and came to appreciate his “style”!

1 Like