The Music of Ennio Morricone

I found an interesting site about Morricone…

[url]http://www.pollodelmar.com/mart/morricone/[/url]

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/gallery/oscar07-redcarpet/42?seq=48

il maestro at this years oscars

Way over due!

Really nice that Ennio Morricone is still alive and looking healthy!!

He is almost 80 years old now!!

Nice to see Ennio Morricone meet Clint Eastwood at the Oscars.

Ennio I think looks in better shape than Clint Eastwood.

Morricone has certaintly lived a lot longer than alot of his directors he has worked for over the years.

One thing is certain every Spaghetti Western fan admires Morricone, and he is my favourite composer of all time, and I am really glad he received an Oscar!

he received an oscar!? wake up, this is the real world…

oh shit he got an honorary award. how did i miss that???

[url]- YouTube

exactly.
applause! il maestro! he should have gotten 800 oscars already. he should have gotten a 30 minute standing ovation

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:5, topic:286”]Ennio I think looks in better shape than Clint Eastwood.[/quote]remember that Clint will be 77 years old this year.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:10, topic:286”]remember that Clint will be 77 years old this year.[/quote] Morricone is older than Clint,i think, but both look good great. Sad that it had to be a honorary award. With him its harder to pick a soundtrack that didn´t deserve an oscar instead of naming the ones that deserved them.

Just received a C.D to the soundtrack to a film which usually is not rated highly or most people have not seen.

The film is WHAT AM I DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REVOLUTION.

The C.D has 17 tracks on and is a chilled and easy going soundtrack to listen to.

Not as much variation as say his more well known western scores, but has some great whistling tracks on.

Like other Morricone music there is some influcences from other soundtracks.

One track for example is similar to a track on the GIU LA TESTA soundtrack.

Well worth picking up, and mine only cost 3.30 U.K pounds.

I have it as a LP-version. Good score but like you said not much of variation. Anyway, the music is much better than the film itself.

I used to have it on L.P a few years back, and it also had a one or two other soundtracks on if I recall , one may have been to THE HELLBENDERS.

But not 100% sure on this as it was a while back.

I sold my L.P’s, but part of me regrets it really.

I have the film to watch, but it is in my current pile of 20 Spaghetti Westerns I have not got round to watching yet.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:12, topic:286”]Just received a C.D to the soundtrack to a film which usually is not rated highly or most people have not seen.

The film is WHAT AM I DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REVOLUTION.

The C.D has 17 tracks on and is a chilled and easy going soundtrack to listen to.

Not as much variation as say his more well known western scores, but has some great whistling tracks on.

Like other Morricone music there is some influcences from other soundtracks.

One track for example is similar to a track on the GIU LA TESTA soundtrack.

Well worth picking up, and mine only cost 3.30 U.K pounds.[/quote]

“What am I doing in the middle of the Revolution” sounds like a line out of “Giu la Testa.”

Most of Morricone’s big scores should’ve received Oscars and we all know why they didn’t.

Has anyone got this book which comes with a cd, it’s very nicely presented and deserves it’s place in all our collections. :slight_smile:

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

No, but looks great!

Just been listening to the expanded score on the F.S.M label to GUNS FOR SAN SEBASTIAN by MORRICONE.

Superb themes in the score and is class stuff.

This release is quite longer (the C.D has a total running time of around 59 mins) than previous L.P or C.D release’s, and has been re-mastered from original sources of the score.

If you perhaps have an old release, I would highly consider an upgrade, as this disc is limited to 3,000 copies worldwide, and C.D’s tend to get soon deleted on the F.S.M label.

Great the times we live in now!

I mean 10 years ago one could only dream of all the re-mastered stuff that are now being released on DVD and CD!

[quote=“Silvanito, post:19, topic:286”]Great the times we live in now!

I mean 10 years ago one could only dream of all the re-mastered stuff that are now being released on DVD and CD![/quote]

I know what you mean!