The Moment to Kill / Il momento di uccidere (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1968)

Not seen this one in years and the only thing I remember is the shotgun, and yes I do like shotguns.

Can we get a poll/rating put at the top of this thread?

very good idea!!

from today a 5 out of 5 from me ;D

It might seem trivial but one of the reasons I like this film is the use of shotgun.<

I thought the exact same thing and it sets the movie apart from others for meā€¦ Why arenā€™t there more shotgun wielding SW characters?

Think I would be a rifle man myself with a cut down barrel.

[quote=ā€œsartana1, post:45, topic:1023ā€]>It might seem trivial but one of the reasons I like this film is the use of shotgun.<

I thought the exact same thing and it sets the movie apart from others for meā€¦ Why arenā€™t there more shotgun wielding SW characters?[/quote]
there is one in black jack

[quote=ā€œsartana1, post:45, topic:1023ā€]>It might seem trivial but one of the reasons I like this film is the use of shotgun.<

I thought the exact same thing and it sets the movie apart from others for meā€¦ Why arenā€™t there more shotgun wielding SW characters?[/quote]

Of course - there is a sw called Shotgunā€¦
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Vendetta_ĆØ_il_mio_perdono,_La

ā€¦ however, either my memory is faulty :stuck_out_tongue: - or we are in normal spaghetti title-mode here - cos although I remember it being a good film, I donā€™t remember it as having any shotguns in it? ???

Just watched this film and for me it was sort of alright although the film that i have is terrible for the night scenes with everybody creeping around in the darkā€¦maybe its just my film but if this is the general quality then it was a pity more lighting was not in the back drops or in generalā€¦5 out of 10 from me

imagine this SW with a blue ray release :wink:

hey Ennioo how about changing the rifle for Django,s animal from the coffinā€¦now thats what i call a gun :slight_smile:

Sounds tempting :slight_smile: .

This is one of those films that doe not take is self seriously so why should you the viewer. Itā€™s full of action and plenty of funny lines. Itā€™s about two guys who are assure of themselves and kick butt on a tyrant and his stupid henchmen. It has many clever scenes and the dialog is cute. Walter Barnes is at his best and Hilton plays it pretty straight. The gunfights are excellent and the direction is crisp. Nice photography and a good score add to the enjoyment. Donā€™t analize or evaluate the film just sit back and enjoy for 90 minutes what makes a good, enjoyable spaghetti western.

donā€™t forget the great horst frank also ;D

Just been reading back on this thread. Like Phil I once viewed a vhs which had a huge part of the film not there. So never really viewed in full before. Been waiting for a 2.35 english audio remastered print to surface for a while. No luck so viewed the Jerksi 2.35 style VHS sourced print.

Liked the score to this, especially the song very catchy. Horst Frank stole the show when on screen. Especially liked the scene when he is on horseback going through the town in the evening and he is laughing, which freaked the townsfolk out. Enjoyable middle of the road Spaghetti.

yes this one does have a good song and the music is well up to standard. film starts well but runs out of steam as it goes along in my eyes and ends up only average despite the efforts of such stalwarts as Horst Frank. As others have said this does anticipate the ā€œTrinityā€ films but is thankfully nowhere near as stupid or annoying. 5/10

Just watched this one pretty slick film, real enjoyed it.

This spag in my view got a good balance between the more calm and slow building story and the cool action scenes. As a German co-production got some German actors usual Horst Frank great in his role, but special mention to Loni Friedl in an uncommon role for a Spaghetti, George is at his best in what concerns SW, also liked Walter Barnes, an actor must confess I didnā€™t know.
The film got some superior photography and an above average story cause beeing a normal one, got some twists that real mark the difference to similar works, in style kind of reminds me of Colizzi films.
Superior SW to me a few clicks above average, and very enjoyable to watch.

Didnā€™t like it, I found it a bit silly. Before Iā€™ve watched it, I had had very big expectations, but it became an absolute average movie. At least directing was quite nice, although there were too many zooms, at least for me.
A good cast and a fantastic score cannot make the movie great.
Anyway it was still entertaining, particularly I love a song ā€œWalk by my sideā€(probably the best de Masi soundtrack for a western, aside from ā€œQuanto costa morireā€) and very strange, astonishing ending. Thatā€™s why Iā€™d give 3 stars, not 2. :wink:
Nice to watch, but this is not for everyoneā€™s taste. Check this out, you may like it.

I found this a little dull, direction soundtrack and of course acting were all strong but the script was so generic as to make the film completely unoriginal.

I watched the ā€œGlobal Videoā€ South African release of this a while ago - reviewed: [b]Il Momento di uccidere[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Moment%20to%20Kill.html[/url][/b]

[quote=ā€œR-T-C Tim, post:59, topic:1023ā€]I found this a little dull, direction soundtrack and of course acting were all strong but the script was so generic as to make the film completely unoriginal.

I watched the ā€œGlobal Videoā€ South African release of this a while ago - reviewed: [b]Il Momento di uccidere[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Moment%20to%20Kill.html[/url][/b][/quote]
Yeah, I agree. Definitely not a hidden gem, but it was a good entertainment anyway.
And that damn script sucks, thatā€™s a fact.
I was so generous, probably because of a good ending, that was quite unpredictable, but except for that, it was unfortunately boring. :-
It could be this was one of my biggest disappointments. I was waiting for something really good (even as good as A taste of death), a piece of a material for my top 20 or even 15ā€¦
Pity. Itā€™s so ā€œelaborateā€ that sometimes I cannot tell what itā€™s going onā€¦ :frowning:

And I love mondo-esoterica.net also. A great page with many good reviews about non-mainstream films, many spaghetti westerns too.