The Moment to Kill / Il momento di uccidere (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1968)

I agree with you Tom! Just sit back and enjoy, thereā€™s worst spagā€™s than this one. This one is in my top 20 list. ;D

this is also in my top 20 list always horst frank walter burns and george hilton! i really loved this film needs also aspecial dvd release ;D

I remembered only some good points from the movie: good cast, Hilton and Barnes make a nice pair (especially Barnes is good with his shotgun), De Masiā€™s theme song and the effective ending.

Too bad I didnā€™t remember that the rest of the movie is boring shoot outs after another. :stuck_out_tongue:

My rating: 5/10

Yeah, I always thought it was very flawed spaghetti western. Sure, itā€™s cheaply made, but Iā€™d certainly rate Vari movies, which were equally low-budgeted, much higher. Average affair to me.

In my opinion Il tredicesimo ĆØ sempre Giuda/Thirteenth Is a Judas is infinitely worse than this (appreciable) one, 2-3 steps below.

OK, I agree. Il tredicesimo ĆØ sempre Giuda is a below average material. I re-watched that some time ago and it was one big mess. I gotta sell my copy of it, I donā€™t even want that on my shelf with spags ;).
At least the main theme was decent (although the rest of the soundtrack was extremely generic). But the rest Vari stuff is better for me.

Yes. 13th is a Judas is probably Variā€™s worst film.

It is ā€¦

A struggle to watch 13th is A Judasā€¦

I laughed a lot throughout this film. It starts off quite good but ends up pretty predictable and weird.

Didnā€™t expect this to be buddy movie, but I quite enjoyed it. Better than Dead Men Donā€™t Count.

Shame about the poor quality Wild East disc, but Iā€™m grateful for the English dub.

1 Like

I saw this on a bargain bin SW collection DVD. I thought it was pretty good and neat to see a character with a shotgun (whoā€™s not Tony Anthony) in a SW.

2 Likes

Yeah Walter Barnes was fun to watch. He reminded me of chubby Van Heflin in The Ruthless Four.

1 Like

Where can I buy the mediabook?

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Momento_di_uccidere,_Il/BluRay

According to someone from the dirty pictures forum, the image is okay and seems to be scan of a 35mm print (positive) but missing scenes seem to have been filled with material from a UK VHS.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s not really ideal but is surely better than a cut releaseā€¦

Just watched this release. Itā€™s fine but I wouldnā€™t recommend paying much for it. The HD stuff looks fine, about what you would expect from a cheapish spag release, although the film does seem to have an overall brownish hue. The entire opening credit sequence is in VHS quality but for the first hour or so the are only a handful of the VHS inserts, with most only being a couple of second long and mainly consist of lesser scenes of people moving etc. However, a good 3 or 4 minutes of the big shootout in the big house at the 65 minute mark are in the VHS insert quality. Then some of the shootout in the butchers and the final confrontation at the end have some parts in the VHS quality.

It perfectly watchable and Iā€™m guessing it will be an upgrade over the DVD releases but I wouldnā€™t rush to get it.

Moment to Kill has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like

New poll and all the rest of it at the top of the page for The Moment to Kill. :arrow_up: :ok_hand: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like