The Magnificent Bandits / O’Cangaceiro (Giovanni Fago, 1969)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:61, topic:223”]I would have to check this again too
As far as I know there are only French subs (English subs are very rare on French discs)[/quote]

[quote=“Novecento, post:59, topic:223”]I have the French DVD. It does indeed have beautiful picture quality and I would wholeheartedly recommend.

However, it does not have English subtitles (unless they’re hidden, in which case I will check again).[/quote]

Very mysterious :o

Seems you’re smarter than I am, I had not noticed the English subs

Oh, I am not smarter.
But your French is probably better than mine.
And for you therefore were probably the English subtitles are not so important. :wink:

So there is definitely english subs on the French DVD now?

Stranger than strange: I just checked, I can’t find English subs on my DVD
My PC says there are two different subs, but I can only activate one, French

I have the Collector’s item, 2xDVD, could it be that the single disc has two (working) subs, and the 2DVD only one?

I’m going to check the DVD on the DVD player later (somebody’s using it at the moment)

Perhaps it is a re-release. I do not know.
I have English subtitles. But I have no French audio.
Only Italian audio.
Very strange and Mysterious. :o :o

[quote=“The Stranger, post:67, topic:223”]Perhaps it is a re-release. I do not know.
I have English subtitles. But I have no French audio.
Only Italian audio.
Very strange and Mysterious. :o :o[/quote]

In that case it’s a different release
I have French audio, but I can understand they skipped it for a re-release: I remember I started to watch the film in French, but tuned to Italian after a while because the French track was very poor, occasionally hardly audible.

So if English subs are essntial to you, be sure to buy the re-release (I suppose it’s a one disc? My 2DVD version says, explicitly: ‘Edition Collector 2 DVD’)

Just tried the disc in the player

The menu of my player says there is a second subtitle track, but I can not activate it
The DVD has no seperate menu where I can choose the subtitles, only a menu to watch the film either in French (without subs) or Italian (with French subs, I can remove them, but only on-line)

Is it a factory pressed dvd or dvd r ?

Factory pressed, original, genuine DVD, the real deal, the real thing

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:69, topic:223”]Just tried the disc in the player

The menu of my player says there is a second subtitle track, but I can not activate it
The DVD has no seperate menu where I can choose the subtitles, only a menu to watch the film either in French (without subs) or Italian (with French subs, I can remove them, but only on-line)[/quote]

According to this information, the DVD has no English subtitles.
http://www.psychovision.net/films/dvd-o/223-ocangaceiro

French subtitles have my version too.

Question is, why have my version English subtitles ? :wink:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:72, topic:223”]According to this information, the DVD has no English subtitles.
[url]http://www.psychovision.net/films/dvd-o/223-ocangaceiro[/url]

French subtitles have my version too.

Question is, why have my version English subtitles ? ;)[/quote]

Don’t you have the DVD-R fandub?

If it is a dvd r it will most likely be the fansub version, as english subtitles were prepared by a fan for this film. This is why I ask whether your copy is a factory pressed or dvd r copy ?

I just checked again.
My version (DVD-R) has the original menu, chapter index.
But the menu also lists no English subtitles.
These are switched on only during the film.

OK, then that was my mistake. I apologize for all the excitement that I have caused.
I thought the Fandub is based on the Italian DVD.
But it also seems to exist a Fandub based on the French DVD.

Stupid, stupid Stranger. :-[
Sorry. ::slight_smile:

Where can we find the fandub with the English subs? One of those films I’ve always wanted to see.

There’s a fansub (so with English subtitles) of the French disc (French/Italian audio) on Cinemageddon

http://cinemageddon.org/

The Stranger’s fansub has only Italian audio, so it’s apparently another one
Don’t know where he found it

Why should they keep the French audio for the fansub? It only takes unnecessary space which lessens the picture quality. Unless it is a DVD 9.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:77, topic:223”]There’s a fansub (so with English subtitles) of the French disc (French/Italian audio) on Cinemageddon

http://cinemageddon.org/

The Stranger’s fansub has only Italian audio, so it’s apparently another one
Don’t know where he found it[/quote]

I have received the Fandub by a trade with another fan. :wink:

I’m not critisizing anybody, these things aren’t really my expertise
What you say sounds logical

Alot of fandubs / fansubs seem to have more than one audio track these days.