The Last Western You Watched?

Just viewed GARRINGO with ANTHONY STEFFEN and PETER LEE LAWRENCE.

Thought the film was quite standard, so doubt I will be watching again.
The storyline was quite predictable, and everyone seemed to be going through the motions to no great effect.

Watched Welcome to Blood City, a weird scifi-western with Jack Palance. Very bad movie, but it has some interesting ideas. Heavily inspired by Westworld, I think.

ā€œThe Good The Bad and The Uglyā€

for about the billionth time

Watched Zanna Bianca aka White Fang aka Wolfsblut last night. Not really a spaghetti western more like a dog (wolf) meets boy adventure movie but hey it was ok.

Donā€™t be seeing it expecting to watch a childrensā€™ movie, this is pretty harsh stuff with a lot of violence and death. Fantastic cast with among others Franco Nero and John Steiner make it worth the while. Recommended all in all.

I finished el precio de un hombre/the bounty killer. dont know what to think of it yet and some questions. more in its thread

Watched For A Few Dollars More this morning. And once again Iā€™m wondering if I might like it even more than The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. The storyline of a young and a an old bountyhunter going after the same prey is so beautifulā€¦

Watched Massacre Time for the second time. I liked it even better than the first time. Nino Castelnuovo and George Hilton are great in this one.

Agreed. One of Franco Neroā€™s lesser performances. Isnā€™t normally very fond of George Hilton but this is definitely one of his best if not THE best spaghetti western performance. The title song to this movie is also one of my favouritesā€¦ ā€œYou came to find a pot of goldā€¦etc.ā€ (Something like that)ā€¦

I was disappointed first time I saw Massacre Time, but find it improves with repeated viewings. Not Top 20 material for me, but definitely one of the ā€œjust outsidersā€. Love the Mad Hatters Tea Party style scene with the groovy organ music.

Over the last few days i have watched the first 10 episodes of DEADWOOD season 3, i fucking love this series!

LAST STAND AT SABER RIVER-Tom Selleck,David Carradine,Keith Carradine.

Thatā€™s funny because it was the last Western I watched, as well! Watched it on DVD, last night. Not greatā€¦but, not bad at all. Good performances from all the lead actors. A decent movie!

I also rewatched BANDIDO with Robert Mitchum, last night. I love this movie!!
It obviously had a great influence on the political/revolution Spaghettis (most notably THE MERCENARY).
The scene where Robert Mitchum casually checks in to a Hotel while the town is under siege is nothing short of brilliant. Explosions going off every second, bullets whizzing past and ricocheting all around, walls falling, ceilings caving inā€¦and Mitchum just goes about his business, calmly fixing himself a drink!
Cool stuff.

Jubal.
A psychological movie with great cast - Glenn Ford, Ernest Borgnine, Rod Steiger, Charles Bronson, but overall just an ok movie. i also thought the ending was naive.

finished watching season 3 of DEADWOOD, excellent series

Just viewed John The Bastard.

Did not like John Richardson, so will not be viewing again.

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:1335, topic:141ā€]Just viewed John The Bastard.

Did not like John Richardson, so will not be viewing again.[/quote]
Do you have it on dvd or vhs?

It is a DVD R from a greek tape and the quality is O.K, but I think it is terrible in pan and scan.

You are quite welcome to have it though.

Iā€™ve seen it in good-quality widescreen but it was on the tv. I thought it was brilliant - one of the hidden gems and really pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

Just finished watching Django the Last Killer.

Liked it!! Obvious parallels to Day of Anger but not in a bad way. A solid, enjoyable film. 3.8 / 5.0

Just viewed DEATH SENTENCE.

Four episodes of a story rolled into one, so you never get bored, with a very watchable ROBIN CLARKE.

Impressed with the camerawork, music and the acting in this one.

The film is well put together, and recommended viewing.