The Last Western You Watched?

Oooops link for it:
http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowmovie.html?movieid=831

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:879, topic:141ā€]Well, I have just finished watching another CRAIG HILL Spaghettiā€¦TASTE OF KILLING.

First time I have seen and I enjoyed alot about the film, and the ending to the film is great.

I always like listening to NICO FIDENCO scores aswell.[/quote]

It was the Wild East release you watched I presume?

The covers on their DVDs are excellent, really nice!

Btw who are the people behind WE, anybody knows?

Do they do anything else in terms of cinema or just release these spaghetti westerns?

[quote=ā€œSilvanito, post:882, topic:141ā€]It was the Wild East release you watched I presume?

The covers on their DVDs are excellent, really nice!

Btw who are the people behind WE, anybody knows?

Do they do anything else in terms of cinema or just release these spaghetti westerns?[/quote]

Thatā€™s correct it was the WILD EAST version.

The covers are excellent like you say!

Do not know about your other good points you mentioned though.

Castellari: Kill them all and come back alone
-I donā€™t know if itā€™s the bad print I watched or my kinda high expectations for this film but I found myself bored from beginning till the end.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:884, topic:141ā€]Castellari: Kill them all and come back alone
-I donā€™t know if itā€™s the bad print I watched or my kinda high expectations for this film but I found myself bored from beginning till the end.[/quote]Apart form Johnny Hamlet and Keoma which i think are both masterpieces, CAstellariā€™s other westerns are just ok.

Fidani: And now make piece with God!
-Probably best Fidani film Iā€™ve seen so far. Nice music and castā€¦ and a lots of people falling from roofs and rolling down the cliffs when shot dead! Fidani really knows how to make spectacular dying scenes.

Blindman - such a great bad-ass movie, Tony Anthony is really convincing in this one and has got a great set of one-liners and comments. I also love the score.

ā€œAdioā€™s Sabataā€
-Yul Brynner

Master gunslinger Sabata helps some Mexican revolutionaries steal a wagonload of gold.

The ā€œimitationā€ Sabata is IMO a terrific western adventure, much better then the official sequel ā€œReturn Of Sabataā€

For those who donā€™t know, this film was not originally going to be a Sabata film. It was originally going to be titled Indio Black, but the title was changed to cash in on the original Sabata film.

Lee Van Cleef was unavailable to play Sabata, as he was committed to making The Magnificent Seven Ride! (1972) where he played Chris Adams, a role made famous by Yul Brynner in The Magnificent Seven (1960). Instead, Brynner signed on for the role of Sabata, a role made famous by Van Cleef.

[quote=ā€œPhantom Stranger, post:888, topic:141ā€]ā€œAdioā€™s Sabataā€
-Yul Brynner

For those who donā€™t know, this film was not originally going to be a Sabata film. It was originally going to be titled Indio Black, but the title was changed to cash in on the original Sabata film.[/quote]

As well as Indio Black, it also appears with the title ā€œThe Bounty Huntersā€ on TV occasionaly. On the soundtrack there are vocals singing Indio Black repeatedly. I also think it is better than Return of Sabata. Gerard Herter makes a great villain as Col. Skimmel, very similar to the role he played in Big Gundown.

Iā€™ve really been mixing my viewing up between old Classic westerns and Spaghettis recently.

Watched John Fordā€™s ā€˜My Darling Clementineā€™ recently which was excellent as well as ā€˜The Oklahoma Kidā€™ (the only western you are likely to see starring James Cagney and Humphry Bogart) which was fun but not up to much.

Then saw ā€˜Find a Place to Dieā€™ and ā€˜Death Rides a Horseā€™ over the last 2 nights. ā€˜Death Rides a Horseā€™ is one of the best non Leone Spaghettis in my opinion.

I watched Have a good Funeral My Friendā€¦ Sartana Will Pay, which I enjoyed very much. ā€œI thought you were an invalidā€, haha. Genius! The Chinese guy was a lot of fun with his Confucius quotes. Sartana of course an ultracool character. I found this movie to be much more innovative than the other spaghetti westerns Iā€™ve recently watched. The gunplay was done nicely as well as some unexpected trickery like the gun in tha accounting book and Sartanaā€™s card throwing. On top of that good music. Very satisfying movie, with a nice ending.

"I watched ā€œThe Big Showā€ staring Gene Autry.
Great Movie from 1936
I found it on the net at a website called rope and wire. It has a bunch of great old movies you can watch from your computer.
Hereā€™s the adress if your interested. www.ropeandwire.com
Farmboy

Just finished watching Can Be Done, Amigo! (The Big And The Bad).

I am sure some people may like this film, but I can 100% say I am not one of them!

J.L. Romero Marchent: Fedra West
-Nice little western drama. Too bad that the dvd is partly in very bad quality and clearly missing some clips here and there.

Still on my classic western run I watched ā€˜The Oxbow Incidentā€™ (1943) and ā€˜Rawhideā€™ (1951) yesterday. ā€˜Oxbow Incidentā€™ is a fantastic movie with a gripping story and excellent direction by William Wellman. Henry Fonda is good too.
Actually got the family to ā€˜Rawhideā€™ and they enjoyed it. Wonders will never cease!

FIND A PLACE TO DIE, where virtually everyone is after the gold!

Reverend Colt. Not a bad film, but itā€™ll never make my Top 20.

I watched ā€œYoung Gunsā€ last night. Not my choice, the whole family wanted to see it. It could have been worse I suppose, but that cheesy 80ā€™s soundtrack just kills everything. Emilio Estevez seemed to be having fun with his Billy the Kid fantasy role, but Jeez Louise is Lou Diamond Philllips ever a horrible actor. His scenes seriously made me cringe.

And did they really have mullets in the Old West? Iā€™m inclined to think not.

Oggi a meā€¦dormani a te!
or Today itā€™s me ā€¦tomorrow you! or Today we killā€¦Tomorrow we die! or whatever you want to call it.
Great film in weird setting. Anyone know where it was shot? looks like the dolomite hills maybe?

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:899, topic:141ā€]Oggi a meā€¦dormani a te!
or Today itā€™s me ā€¦tomorrow you! or Today we killā€¦Tomorrow we die! or whatever you want to call it.
Great film in weird setting. Anyone know where it was shot? looks like the dolomite hills maybe?[/quote]

I used to have a copy on VHS many years ago. I remember thinking the setting was a bit un-Spaghetti like. Some places look similar to No Room To Die. Not sure about the Dolomoites, I travelled through them and they donā€™t look like that (at least not the parts I saw). Shobary suggests Germany in autumn.