The Last Western You Watched?

I’ve been interested in this one too, keep me informed please :wink:

anyway the last western i watched was Apache blood and it was painfully bad, without doubt one of the worst westerns ever. It actually took me 3 sittings to complete watching this crap. And why this one was on “Spaghetti westerns” set? :stuck_out_tongue:

Will do :wink:

Gracias!

For some inexplicable reason I revisited (after a number of years) Acquasanta Joe . I nearly changed my mind and reached for eject at about 6 minutes in, when instead of there being a massacre of the fooled rebs, there was a 'comedy' moment with people scurrying away in their underwear, to a soundtrack of some ridiculous circusy-clown nonsense. However, by the time I'd took a trip to the fridge and returned, things (other than the soundtrack) had marginally improved, so I persevered. Frederico Boido turned up and I always reckon he's ok, but unfortunately he lasted about as long as me taking my first swig of cider ... oh well! This film, does pick up a bit tho' and is maybe not as bad as some might say, BUT it is ruined by the hotch-potch of musical accompaniments that are completely out of place. These range from riffing rock, funky disco-y rhythms, clown-music and trad country - ALL of it dreadful! I think it may be sensible to not bother watching this one again, and maybe a little silly to revisit it when I've got so many others on the 'to watch' pile. I think I just wanted something 'unstretching' after a few days of hard work and maybe couldn't give a better film my full attention.

I watched this last night and loved it! The music was hilarious, the ‘riffing rock, funky disco’ bits would have been right at home in a Blaxploitation movie. It made me laugh anyways! And Lincoln Tate reminded me a little bit of Chuck Norris.

Watched quite a few westerns recently;

$100’000 For Ringo
Two Crosses At Danger Pass
Ringo The Lone Rider
Forgotten Pistolero
The Unholy Four
3 Fantastic Supermen In The West
Thompson 1880
Return Of Ringo
El Rojo
Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistols For a Coffin

and for a change i think i’ll put my comments in the appropriate threads…

Actually i’m going to stick my brief comment on RoR here…since i’m having trouble finding it’s thread (surely it does actually have one?) amongst others…

Looking forward to the Koch version, so i guess i’ll be watching this one again in a few months! Still the number one for me, so couldn’t resist another watch. I’d hardly describe myself as romantically inclined but the end of the film, when the couple are reunited and the music swells…well…! My favourite SW and my favourite SW song. Superb.

This is going to be my next order I think. When I get it, maybe I’ll see what everyone is talking about.

Do it! :wink: :smiley:

Followed up last night’s Sartana with Sabata this afternoon…

Fidani’s “And Now, Make Your Peace with God” was watched tonight. I am gonna have a lot of fun writing that review.

Saw ‘One Silver Dollar’, apart from the opening credits it doesn’t feel very Italian but I think it was still ok… I preferred ‘Fort Yuma Gold’, still need to see ‘Wanted’.

Sabata and Take A Hard Ride. I really like the sound track of Take A Hard Ride. It’s got a catchy main theme I’m still carrying around in my head.

Barboni: Sons of Trinityhttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Trinità_%26_Bambino…_e_adesso_tocca_a_noi (dvd-r)
-Pretty good comedy western from 90’s. Two rather unknown leading actors aren’t that impressive but they make decent Hill & Spencer imitation nevertheless. And it’s funny to see Riccardo Pizzuti, bad guy from almost every Hill & Spencer flick in this one too. I watched bad, very dark version. Is there better versions available?

I have the American dvd, but haven’t watched it yet.

Ontopic: Watched Bandidas yesterday. Pretty bad.

Saw Apache Woman, not a very fun movie but I liked it alot. I didn’t mind Bandidas

Nobody is the Greatest

The last Western in which Sergio Leone was involved. On my DVD there was a documentary about the film too. It seems that they had a lot of troubles during the shooting. Terence didn’t came along with the Director: Damiano Damiani. To see Damiani as Director of a Western Comedy always surprised me. Maybe he was the wrong choice. The Movie itself looks like a montage of several episodes. The episode with Terence and Klaus Kinski is one of the best of this Movie. I also enjoyed the funny scenes with Terence in the fort. I never cared much about the other actors. The Paramount DVD has a fantastic quality with nice Specials. :slight_smile:

Heavens Gate has been viewed.

I remember watching this for the first time many years ago, and was dreading it after what I had read about the film. Film has its faults for sure. I find some scenes a bit to long / unnecessary especially in the middle section of the film where things start to drag a bit at times. I found Kris Kristofferson was a bit bland at times, but found John Hurt a bit of a laugh as an uppercrust drunk.

There are many oustanding scenes in the film though, and the end battle is worth hanging in for. Cinematography is excellent, and some of the set pieces have so much going on in them.
I wonder if the film would have been made at a different time it may have been more of a financial success, but then again the films main story is not a positive part of the American dream…

“A Man Alone” (1955)
-Ray Milland

A gunfighter, falsely accused of killing passengers of a stagecoach, hides out with a sick sheriff and his beautiful daughter.

Light on action, but a good story and some very good acting. Better than I expected.

Der Ölprinz
Had fun with this one, like with all the other Winnetou movies i’ve seen. [6/10]

Sartana in the Valley Of Death - I really enjoyed this.
Vengeance Trail - A little disappointed towards the end but still a cool movie. Leonard Mann kicks ass!