The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Just watched Go for Broke for the first time on YouTube and was surprised to find a new above average SW. Good cast with John Ireland, Fernando Sancho, Eduardo Fajardo, Jose Torres, Mark Damon etc.
Nice rotoscope opening credits and locations around Colmenar Viejo.

3 Likes

I will have to check it out, sounds good!

I watched VENGEANCE with Richard Harrison one of my favourite Spags. No nonsense straight up revenge western. It surprised me as the plot was a little deeper than I remembered. The twist actually came as a revelation, like I had never watched it before.

1 Like

I watched The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid. Definitely one of the best films Iā€™ve watched about the James-Younger gang. The mixture of comedy and violence might not be to everyoneā€™s taste but it worked for me.

2 Likes

A good film, indeed; and, with a cast consisting of Cliff Robertson, Robert Duvall, Luke Askew, and R.G. Armstrong, who could ask for more.

I must admit, ā€˜The Long Ridersā€™ does it for meā€¦a fantastic score by Ry Cooder.

Gonna have to watch this one again. Definitely liked it the last few times Iā€™ve watched it.
I might prefer Northfield just a bit though. Robertson and Duvall were excellent.

1 Like

The Long Riders is one of my favourite westerns. The best Jesse James movie in my opinion.

1 Like

Great to have all the brothers together. As i said an amazing soundtrack by Ry Cooder.

Fantastic trailer, for a fantastic filmā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

For anybody who is interested, you can also watch the full film here:

1 Like

Love his music but my favourite soundtrack from him is Southern Comfort.

1 Like

Thank you.
A joy to see, after so many yearsā€¦

Iā€™d love to see ā€˜Southern Comfortā€™ againā€¦Wonderful filmā€¦!

Just had our local iron-monger pass byā€¦
Rock on ā€˜Steptoe and Sonā€™ā€¦beautiful times !

1 Like

Just watched The Big Gundown again - great movie. I just realised that the end scene of a gun vs a knife with a 3rd person acting as referee with a rifle, is very similar to the end of Run man run.
Both movies directed by Sergio Sollima and Milan as Cuchillo with the knife in both movies. Looks like the scenes both shot in Las Salinillas also.

Las Salinillas is seen in both movies, but the ā€˜Big Gundownā€™ duel was filmed near Pechina, not far away.

1 Like

Well spotted - you beat me to it. IMDb has the last scene as Pechina.
I didnā€™t recognise this Pechina rocky scene as most of the landscape is flat.

Am in the middle of watching $1000 on the Black (Mille Dollari sul Nero), very interesting brother vs brother revenge story.

1 Like

The Naked Spur (Mann, 1953) - 4.5/5

Really hope thereā€™s a blu-ray in the works for this one. Same goes for Winchester 73.

2 Likes

Finally digging into my ā€˜Five Tall Talesā€™ Budd Boetticher box set.

First 2:

The Tall T - 4/5
Decision at Sundown - 4/5

1 Like

Johnny Guitar. Wow, what a picture.

1 Like