The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Quell and Co. I was reluctant to give this one a try because I thought it would be terrible. Turned out to be pretty enjoyable. It felt more like a TV film but it was apparently shown on cinemas.

s-l400%20(1)

The Machine Gun Killers.

Loved this one, well directed, nice locations, good story, tasty SW-action. I can see why some people don’t like it. First hour is quite slow but I don’t mind. Big fan of Thriller SWs. 4/5 for me!

Rough Night in Jericho. Pretty solid

Watched my Requiem for Gringo blu-ray, and it was so weird watching this film in good quality.

Really good SW, despite Lang Jeffries :sleeping:

3 Likes

I wonder do the BBFC know about that poncho !? :laughing:

2 Likes

“We jumped into Bill & Ted’s phonebox and went back to witness the skinning there and then. We decided the leopard didn’t feel enough pain for us to censor the poncho.”

2 Likes

Sancho and the black leather villain is the stars in this movie! The blu ray is fantastic but the gunshots sounds a bit thin, don’t they?

Yeah the gunshots sound worse than usual SW gunshots, and that is saying something.

The leather-clad gunman is great, he reminds me of Jack Palance in Shane. Lang Jeffries just sucks. Nuff said.

I think his dub is a bit annoying, that’s part of what makes him a bit weak for me. Anthony Steffen or George Hilton would be perfect for this role. Still love this one though!

I re-watched

Black Jack
:star::star::star:1/2

Kill Them All and Come Back Alone
:star::star:1/2

And Now… Make Your Peace with God
:star::star:

Blood River
:star::star:

Buckaroo - The Winchester Does Not Forgive
:star::star:1/2

Escondido a.k.a. A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die
:star::star::star::star:

Bandidos
:star::star::star:

1 Like

I understand your appreciation for A minute to pray, a second to die. Wonderful, melancholic movie, but I do not understand the relatively low marks for Bandidos. What did/didn’t you like ?

The target shooting component, in particular. Secondarily, a couple of performers (Jenkins and M. Martin).

But three stars, that’s not a bad rating… :slightly_smiling_face:

Jenkins is indeed bad. Apparently he was a model, not an actor and was held for somebody else by the producers