The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

What? I’m disappointed. I thought you’ve seen every spaghetti western on the planet.

Watched some movies on YT. Nice way to introduce these and to investigate whether a purchase is justified.

The Hills run Red
Nice movie, finally images with the music of Morricone.
Enough is said in the separate string about this movie. Now I know the inspiration of Terence Hill in using a frying pan
:deer::crab::sun_with_face:

Any Gun can Play
Worth considering for a purchase. I put this one on my wish list
:alien::eye:

Now I will start with some Sartana movies. Time to explore these as well

I’ve watched Coffin for Django, the Moment to Kill and the Unholy Four over the last few days. All fine films IMO.

260px-Hainepourhaine

Hate For Hate

The Spaghaton. One and Holy.

What? I pick another spagh in the row, completely coincidentally, and it is Paolella again?

Interestingly, directing is a lot different than in Execution, maybe because Italo Zingarelli was somehow involved. I’d say the direction is better, but doesn’t really help.

Oh god, what a pointless bore that was.

It starts fine, but after about fifteen minutes you realize this is probably going to be utterly boring spaghetti crap and you’ll be right.

Can’t say a good thing, nor bad thing about it, which I hate about spaghs, for you can at least laugh your ass off while watching a bad one. But this?

Nah…

Rating: :frog::frog::turkey::turkey::pig:

Yes, that is what you deserve, frogs and turkeys, you good for nothing spagh.

Perhaps you need a rest up from your ‘spagathon’? Spag fatigue is quite a common complaint when you over do it!

I find watching some mindless Hollywood CGI Superhero type shite, usually snaps me out of the ‘Spaghetti Blues’

This is another one I’ve seen, but can’t remember much about, except the Warner archive print was pleasing to the eye. Must have seen it during my spagathon/beerathon period :rofl:

What? But I just started. :fearful:

Noooo, I’ll be lucky next time.
Hidden gem is coming my way.
I know it, I feel it my bones.
Muhahaha.

1 Like

But it’s not even november yet! :spaghetti:

Savage Pampas

This, I assume, is outside The Spaghaton, since it is probably not a spagh, but I wanted to watch since I’d read @scherpschutter’s review, which was quite a long time ago.

As you can see from attached fotodocumentation this movie has a lot to offer.
Now, don’t get me wrong, but honestly I expected something different plot wise, not who the hell is biggest pimp in Argentina. Because, basically, that’s what this movie is about.
You could easily retitle it to Savage Pimps.

Anyway, I liked it. Lot of fine performances, I especially liked Ty Hardin (as always), he is great in it as mr. fancypants smartass journalist. But the main attraction for me, no, not prostitutes, is a different landscape. Pampas. Great. I want more of that. I want an adventure pampas movie, with a lonely deadly gaucho who does give a shit only about argentinian gold, muhahaha.

Well, rating: Why isn’t there a prostitute emoji?
:nail_care::lips::dancing_women:

1 Like

https://imgur.com/FMNJKha.jpg

Oh my goodness.

200px-E_alla_fine_lo_chiamarono_Jerusalem_l'implacabile_DatabasePage

Never trust a cool looking SW poster.
For the record I only watched few scenes here and there, and what can I say - too much pain even for me.

1 Like

I planned to watch every sw ever made, so the thought that is torturing me now, is the idea that one day I will have to endure this piece of sh…

I used to be an idealist too. Now I use fastforward.

We all learn …

Fastforward, god’s most amazing gift for mankind …

1 Like

Saranda aka Twenty Paces To Death

Never heard of this paella before, but when I saw Dean Reed is carrying a bow in it I knew I have to see this.

Well, expectations… were low, but even with that in mind it kind of sucked in the end.

Sadly, not much action with that bow actually. Why to have a hero who can shoot an arrow like an expert and then not really use it? Okay, he use it alright like two times and you can bet it looks ridiculous.

Anyway, quite uneven movie. There’s a segment in the middle which is well directed, so my hopes for spectacular finale jumped sky high. And crashed.

This is seventh or eight spagh in the row, which is, well, not a complete turkey, but I’m starting to wonder if this isn’t the end of the spaghetti road.

I liked Twenty Paces to Death for what it was.

Let’s do the Fulci. I mean his westerns, which is only part of his oeuvre I had paid attention to so far (and it’s probably not going to change, since I don’t care much about giallo and other shit). I rewatched recently all of them and here are the results:

Four Of The Apocalypse - Absolute wonder, almost every scene is a little shiny gem. My only complaint is that Fabio Testi turns out to be the main protagonist. But okay. Be it my way, Tomas Milian’s Chaco would get more screentime and he would kick the living hell out of Testi’s arse in the end. Rating: 100%

Massacre Time - Pretty good and very brutal too. Can’t really complain about anything, I like it even more than the first time. Maybe that main baddie should suffer in a more spectacular way, he just went down too cheap. Bull-whipping scene is the best I’ve seen of this kind. Rating: 80%

Silver Saddle: Starts off great with that Brixio and Co. music, didn’t care much about the song though. After about half an hour the greatness somehow dissipates. One would assume that because of the kid, since every western aficionado knows that spaghs and kids is a bad combination. But, surprisingly, the kid is not the problem. There’s not much interesting going on in the middle part (except for Leticia Lentini) and things get awfully silly in some scenes, like for example, a kid shooting the hat off the Gemma’s head. With sawn-off shotgun. With a very short barrel. I wonder if the director was somewhat aware of what sort of projectiles comes out of that. Or maybe he really was and Geoffrey Lewis’ character, which I liked a lot, used slugs instead of pellets. But then why to shorten the weapon. To make things a little more confusing, in the very first scene of the movie, a man is clearly shot with pellets, so go figure (but with different shotgun, so they knew :rofl:) Rating: 60%

1 Like

Silver Saddle is embarrassingly bad.

I’ve always kinda liked Silver Saddle for some reason, oh well. Four of the Apocalypse is definitely a superior Fulci film though.