The Last TV Series You Watched

Have you watched Godless yet?

but Godless should be available on Netflix globally, I thought (since it’s their own production), no?

I am almost finished with a 3-part mini series about Ulysses Grant, next to the westerns another interest of me.
There is a re-evaluation of this US civil war general. Made me but the biography by Robert Chernow.

At Christmas, my best friend mistook this ‘Supernatural’, series 1-8, as the ‘Supernatural’ TV series made in the 1970’s (released by BFI), which I’d expressed a desire for, and bought this a present for me, instead.

Boy…am I glad she did!
Just finished series one, and am now hastily working my way through series 2.
Great stories (each 40 mins R.T.), featuring two brothers following in their dad’s foot-steps, by hunting down demons, killer clowns, deluded faith-healers, vampires, shape-shifters, and other miscellaneous ‘urban legends’.
The chemistry between the two main actors is amazing; and the show is as much about their personal family relationship, as it is about ghosts, ghouls, and paranormal phenomena.
Intelligently written, superbly acted, edge-of-the-seat thrills and spills…

1 Like

‘STEPTOE & SON’

My second favourite comedy…after ‘Fawlty Towers’…

Love this…;and love the characters, created by the immortal Ray Galton, and Alan Simpson.

Thank God for no PC, and no Government telling us what is right, or wrong…

Just pure, unadulterated, knock-it-on-the-head comedy, from a time when free speech was permitted in the UK. Beautiful…and so nostalgic… :grinning:

https://youtu.be/eR5WTTD1rEI

1 Like

Watching HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE at the moment.

1 Like

My folks love Fawlty Towers!!! After they got married in the 1980’s they spent every weekend watching all the British comedy shows PBS would air. I like the show too, but I can only watch it in spurts as John Cleese’s ultra fast paced style wears me out.

2 Likes

I love it. A lot Fawlty Towers seeped into British culture.

1 Like
2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
It never gets old!

1 Like

X-Files is a lot of fun, I used to watch it a ton with my siblings when they had it on Netflix. I do find the standalone, “monster-of-the-week,” episodes a lot more enjoyable then the ones concerning the continuous story, though.

2 Likes

I think you’re absolutely right, the American version doesn’t hold a candle to the original Office. Not only because it’s funnier, but because it presents such an accurate portrayal of what it’s like working in an office in a country like the England or America. I honestly think in a few hundred years, people could use The Office as a way of studying the culture of our time, the same way Jane Austen novels are sometimes used to get an idea of 19th century England.

2 Likes

Chernobyl (2019) - Good stuff. I didn’t realise it was the highest rated TV show of all-time.

2 Likes

Half-way through the classic BBC TV drama, ‘Colditz’, 1972-1974.
I absolutely love, and am addicted, to this series, which just keeps getting better with each viewing.
Just about to watch what is probably my favourite episode, ‘Tweedledum’, in which one of the British POW’s feigns madness, in an attempt to escape from the notorious prisoner of war camp…
Those were the days before video recorders, when pubs would empty in the evening, as people rushed home to catch an episode of their favourite show…

I also own a copy of the board game, ‘Escape From Colditz’, which I purchased from ‘E-Bay’, a few years ago. So popular was the TV series, when it first aired in the 70’s, that the board game became an instant best-seller…

2 Likes

finished Snowpiercer. Not bad but not as great as I had hoped

1 Like

One of my Favorite Series of All Time

Some Truly Amazing Episodes Sprinkled Through 15 Seasons of Good to Great Story Telling and Action

And a Series Finale That’s Perfect for The Winchesters Boys

1 Like

I only have seasons 1-8 of ‘Supernatural’
Up to now I love the lads…and I’m on Season four.
Thumbs up for me, though!!!.

1 Like

You should get 7-15 you won’t be disappointed

1 Like

I think that ‘Supernatural’, the series, is fantastic…and this coming from some-one who got series 1-8 on dvd as a mistake, last Christmas.
I love the Winchester Boys…
The chemistry between them is phenomenal…one minute laughing, the next crying, and the rest of the time screaming…Brilliance!
'SUPERNATURAL…best, as far as I’m concerned, of the ‘modern day’ TV extravaganzas…

1 Like

Couldn’t Agree More

Their Chemistry Kept them on Air for 15 Seasons
Seeing how they grown over those years but still staying True to themselves - You just don’t see that on other series

1 Like