The Last TV Series You Watched

I love these guys from ‘Supernatural’.

The best series I’ve seen in a coon’s age…I love them.

1 Like

Never heard of the series, but that board game looks awesome. Reminds me of the Castle Wolfenstein games.

1 Like

I’m currently in the midst of watching Angel with my fiancée. She watched it when she was younger but I had never seen it. We watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I REALLY liked it. So Angel is a natural extension of that, It isn’t as good as Buffy but I’m enjoying it and I think it has finally hit its stride with season 3.

Rewatching the BSG remake since a new series is coming soon.
Also rewatching Good Times and George Lopez.

Currently watching Clickbait with the wife and The Witcher on my own (she was out 45 seconds into the first episode :laughing: )

1 Like

My wife and I have really been into the British show Line of Duty. Thus far, into Series 5, I think it is one of the top five TV shows I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

A long overdue re-watch of the classic 1970’s BBC comedy series, ‘Porridge’, with Ronnie Barker.
Brilliant! :smiley:

1 Like

Finished LA’s Finest. More of a guilty pleasure. Basically just two unrealistically cute cops constantly breaking the law to solve some crimes …

I’ve been watching a lot of Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas this week. Total crap, but I can’t stop

Sometimes a bit of total crap is just what you need.
I should know, I watch tons of it :grin:

1 Like

Its interesting… I’ve noticed since I’ve been existing on a cinematic diet of almost exclusively crap, when I watch something with even the remotest of potent emotional content its like “woah., this is some heavy shit” :rofl:

Been revisting Branded with Chuck Connors, originally sparked my interest due to Larry Cohen’s involvement as a writer. Finding myself much more able to enjoy viewing this time… Really liking Chuck Connors performance and the stories are pretty good for 20 minute chunks, particularly at bedtime viewing

2 Likes

Used tolove Branded as a kid but haven’t seen it for many many years. Glad to hear it still holds up.

The old western series I’ve been watching over recent months is Law of the Plainsman with Michael Ansara as an Apache half breed Marshall who went to Harvard but came back to be a lawman.

Not one I’d seen before but I’m actually quite enjoying it. It’s being broadcast on Sunday mornings in the UK on Talking Pictures TV.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the first series of Space 1999.
Penultimate episode has Gianni Garko as special guest star. really Strange to see him in that context and with his own voice too. As the series progressed the RAI co=production became more obvious with various italian actors appearing.

3 Likes

Space what?!?? Tell me more

‘Beige 1999’ … those costumes, interiors and Martin Blandau … all just depressingly flat.

Indeed. Landau was a poor fit for this I think but it has its moments.
And the Gerry Anderson model work is great.
As is the theme music

1 Like
2 Likes

Agreed … but even as a kid in the mid 1970s, I never once made it through an entire episode of this program … while at the same period, I loved ‘Dr.Who’ and the original (only) ‘Star Trek’ … this one just left me cold, disinterested and slightly nauseous :wink: I was a sensitive child.

1 Like

I used to enjoy ‘Space 1999’.

However, for me, the Gerry Anderson live-action prog to beat, undoubtedly, was ‘UFO’ (1970-71). I have the entire series on BD, and it’s due another viewing very soon…

Another of those childhood memories that is still as fresh and new for me now as it was back then. A timeless TV gem that may have outlived the fashions, but not the charm and dedication with which it was produced.

“Launch interceptors!”

Groovy… :smile: