The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

That’d be an instant purchase for me.

1 Like

I’d go as far as calling that shit excellent

Watched that kinda new Arrow Blu Ray of Switchblade Sisters Saturday night. What a fun film. Shocked no one has tried to remake it.

1 Like

That’s spooky, I only bought the Arrow blu of Switchblade Sisters on Saturday and watched it Saturday night myself!

1 Like

My girl saw the case and wanted to see it. She had never heard of it. And I hadn’t seen it since the late 90s when the Rolling Thunder VHS release.

The magnificent 1927 Fritz Lang master-piece from the silent era…
One of the most influential films ever produced…

1 Like
  1. Jarmusch: Down by Law 7/10
  2. Rohmer: A Good Marriage 6/10

And 11 from last weekend:

1. Gibbons: Tarzan and his Mate 7/10
  2. Skolimowski: Deep End 6/10
  3. Åkerlund: Lords of Chaos 7/10
  4. Franco: Sadist of Notre Dame 7/10
  5. Vinterberg: Another Round 9/10
  6. Hosking: The Greasy Strangler 6/10
  7. Fulci: Four of the Apocalypse 9/10
  8. Sharp: Kiss of the Vampire 8/10
  9. Benda: Macho Man 4/10
  10. Borowczyk: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and mrs. Osborne 7/10
  11. Dupleux: Rubber 3/10
1 Like

Terrific film! :grinning:

Yeah i know, terrible film. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m on the terrific side …

I bought ‘Schindler’s List’ recently…probably one of the most influential and emotive films that exists…and also a testimony to man’s inhumanity to man…

I watched the first hour with my friend, and she broke down in tears…
**I have to admit, unashamedly, that I almost joined her…

How did this ever happen!!
And why does prejudice still happen in our enlightened age…?

Such a thought-provoking, emotive, heart-breaking film…yet one that resonates with lessons of intolerance/tolerance, and mutual respect that should be taught in the present day**

If this doesn’t make us think about how to treat others with respect, then I don’t know what will…

https://youtu.be/M5FpB6qDGAE

2 Likes

Spent the afternoon watching Nefertite, Regina del Nilo (Nefertiti, Queen of the Nile)

A little slow in some parts, but an overall enjoyable little Egyptian epic. The Blu Ray looks fantastic, even the little sections that weren’t restorable didn’t hinder the lovely restoration.

3 Likes

**In between the England v Denmark, I managed to watch ‘SWEENEY 2’

I remember seeing this at the cinema with my parents.**

Rough, tough, anti-PC, and simply bloody brilliant…this is a fitting testimony to one of Britain;s best, and most beloved TV series…

“Get yer trousers on, your’e knicked”

John Thaw, Dennis Waterman…birds, beer, mars bars, and ham-burgers…no political correctness…

'We’re the Sweeney, and we aint ‘ad our dinner…’

Great actors, great writing, great drama, and great anti-PC from our only too recent past…
Also, good memories, of watching said series with family and friends. Good days…

‘Quality Street’ tins the size of two-story buildings, Curley Wurleys, Double Deckers series (and choc bar), ‘Blake’s Seven’…

Just watched Lucio Fulci’s ‘Zombie Flesh Eaters/Zombi 2’ for the first time. Some of the coolest makeup effects I’ve seen and it has a killer soundtrack to go along with it. Really refreshing to see a zombie movie set somewhere that’s not an American city for a change. Easily one of my favourite zombie films alongside 28 Days Later. I mean, it has a zombie fighting a shark, how can it not be good?

7 Likes

WA17_09.20_0135

A Rainy day in New York (2020, Woody Allen)

Woody’s penultimate movie (I haven’t had the opportunity to watch Rifkin’s Festival yet). It made the headlines for all the wrong reasons when the production company halted its release after the director had been attacked by the Me Too movement (over a nearly thirty year old allegation). Various lawsuits ensued, one actress said she would never work with Allen again, a few others made donations to Time’s Up and the 2018 movie was finally released in the US in 2020.

OK (or not OK). The movie. it’s a bit similar to Midnight in Paris but lacks the magic of that movie, one of Allen’s best in recent memory. The script is definitely lightweight (in every possible sense) and relying too much on coincidence (people keep stumbling upon relatives, friends, acquaintances, etc. on every corner, as if new York were a small village), but as usual Woody gets the best of his ensemble cast. Timothée Chalamat and Selena Gomez are particularly good and Liev Schreiber and Jude Law (both almost unrecognizable) excel in smaller parts

Not great, but good enough for fans like me. Like one critic wrote: we would say this romantic comedy was surprisingly good if anyone else but Woody would have directed it.

3+ out of 5

I fancied a laugh last night, so I turned to an ever-reliable double-bill of Galton and Simpson’s finest creations….
Genius…and a reminder of one of the most iconic comedy duos ever to grace our TV screens…

3 Likes

Watched Silent Action yesterday, and boy what a fantastic thrill ride. A very nice mix of cop action and political intrigue, with every kind of twist and turn. Ending seemed kind of ambiguous.

2 Likes

So knacked last night, that I ended up simply flicking through scenes from my fav films.

Sometimes the best way to do things, when undecided, is to re-visit old pals.

Bullitt, In the Heat of the Night, Cool Hand Luke, Bonnie and Clyde, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force (if only for the main theme); ‘The Great Escape’ (McQueen’s jump)…in my home, he’s jumped that fence at least 3,000 times… :grinning:

2 Likes

I jusr watched cut-throats nine. Had no idea what to expect, now I am wishing I knew about it earlier. Claudio Undari was a lot better than I was expecting in it.