The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

I could think of others that are better in my opinion. CIRCUS OF HORRORS and HORROR OF THE BLACK MUSEUM for example.

I look forward to reading your review.

I think Iā€™m going to take a temporary break from watching movies after the Spagvemberfest and besides, Iā€™ve been mostly focused on viewing flicks from the 1980s and 1990s recently, so I donā€™t know how long itā€™s gonna take. However, Iā€™ve also got some older bits and bobs stashed on my hard drive, so I might get around to watching it while cleaning my film folder of these leftovers, weā€™ll see.

1 Like

I was not talking about just if the film is good or not (even though personally I think itā€™s a great one) but about the significance of the film especially for the horror genre. I think Psycho and Peeping Tom were the films that changed the horror genre from monster movies to more adult themes and serial killers stories.

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m doubly interested.

I see.
I wasnā€™t aware that the film had such significance until I bought a copy.The history of PEEPING TOM interested me more than the actual film. I canā€™t deny itā€™s impact.

Peeping Tom also almost ended the career of Karlheinz Bƶhm, loved for the Sissi films. Most viewers in German-speaking countries found the transition from kaiser to killer unbearable and tasteless. I wonder why.

1 Like

Really?
I know PEEPING TOM ended the career of the director.
Bohm was good in PEEPING TOM I must admit.

ā€™Unstoppableā€™ (2010)

Based on ā€˜real eventsā€™, directed by the lateTony Scott, and featuring excellent performances from Denzel Washington, and Chris Pine, this tale of an unmanned, half-mile-long runaway freight train hurtling towards a heavily-populated city, is a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.
A film where every second literally countsā€¦

1 Like

I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

Yes, it was considered scandalous at the time that Bƶhm, a respected mainstream actor who was strongly identified with his role as Kaiser Franz Joseph in the Sissi trilogy, played the leading part in such a disturbing, potentially transgressive film.

1 Like

I would like to see it.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused. What would you like to see, Ali? The Sissi movies? You already watched Peeping Tom, as you wrote above.

The Sissi movies. Sorry I should have been more clear.

1 Like

Watched a thoroughly enjoyable Clint double-bill last night.

1 Like

Good choices

1 Like

Kellyā€™s Heroes is a long film! I doubt I would have had the stamina to watch both films.

1 Like

Good luck with the Sissi films. My mother, who sadly passed away at the age of ninety-two last March, was a great fan of these three kitsch-bomb pictures by Viennese director Ernst Marischka. I, on the other hand, have not yet managed to watch even one of them from beginning to end. As a mean teenager, I used to make fun of my mom when she would sit completely enraptured in front of the TV on a Sunday afternoon, watching for the umpteenth time Sissi or Sissi ā€“ The Young Empress or Sissi ā€“ Fateful Years of an Empress. Today, of course, I regret my spitefulness, and now that the only fast lane my life is in is the one to becoming an old geezer, I think that maybe I should finally give them a real try.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss mate. :pensive:
I think my Grandmother was the same with GONE WITH THE WIND. Maybe I should give it a try.

Seems funny with all the old films I have and watched I avoid one of the most famous.

1 Like

Having read the book first, I was sorely disappointed with the movie.