The Last Movie You Watched? ver.2.0

Von Ryan’s Express… What a movie!!

1 Like

I watched Nolan’s Interstellar last night and liked it much better than Tenet. I have to admit, though, that in all probability I won’t become a big fan of his films, at least not in this space-time continuum.

2 Likes

Amen to that…‘Von Ryan’s Express’ is sheer escapism, helped no end by the excellent Trevor Howard, John Leyton, and co…a film that I always remember watching with my family at Christmas, so many years ago.

Unlike most professional singers, when watching Sinatra’ on screen, I forgot that he was first, and foremost, a singer.

Dean Martin, also, was a very adept ‘actor’; and, when the circumstances arose, produced admirable performances…‘Bandolero’, a case in question…

2 Likes

I am a fan of Dean as Matt Helm in the Wrecking Crew.
Bandolero is a great western but have no clue why I don’t own it??!

1 Like

Available on the German Amazon site.

It’s worth having, if only to see the gorgeous Raquel Welch…

I had tj

1 Like

What a cast!!

1 Like

Bandolero is Andrew V. McLaglen‘s best western and possibly his best film (I need to watch The Wild Geese again to be sure about that one)

2 Likes

Agreed!

Watched Mirage last night. What a trip.

I watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges. An excellent heist film with some very good performances.

3 Likes

I love that movie dearly

La Ragazza dalla pelle di Luna (Scatini / 1972)

I was familiar with the theme music as I have it in compilation cd but had never actually seen the film. It’s a story of an unhappily married couple whose plane to Hong Kong lays over for a few hours in the Seychelles and who, at the instigation of the husband, stay on for a few days in order to reconnect. That doesn’t work out quite so well as he hooks up with local beauty played by Zeudi Araya on day one and starts shagging on the beach before you can say J&B.
Probably no more than an average 5/10 if I had to give it a rating but interesting to see.

1 Like

Top film. The ending breaks my heart though.

A Western worth watching…

Jeff Bridges has proved, time and time again, to be one of the best present-day actors… a credit to his dad, Lloyd…

’Buried’[
Saw this on Satellite a few months back, and just bought it for 50p on bluray.
Amazing film, starring Ryan Reynolds.

Can one actor. and a few voices at the end of a phone keep you hooked…?
A resounding YES!

Watching this on Film4 right now.

1 Like

Wild Horses (2015, Robert Duvall)

:star: :star:

Duvall’s first directional effort in 13 years. He himself plays a patriarch who kicked out his own son years ago after he had caught him with another guy. That other guy subsequently went missing and now a Texas Ranger re-opens the case. And then the son comes home …

Sounds as if it can’t miss, but it does. I liked - at least to some degree - Duvall’s first movie as a director (The Apostle), must have missed his second (Assasination Tango - I don’t remember it al all) and had high hopes for this one. The film offers some good performances, but it probably wasn’t a good idea to cast Luciana Pedraza - Mrs. Duvall in real life - as Duvall’s major antagonist in the movie: they both seem to feel insecure in the scenes they share and she’s not a very good actress to begin with. You also get the impression that Duvall wanted to make at least three movies at once, a thriller, a family drama and a sort of neo western. Slow-moving and overly verbose. Not completely uninteresting, but overall a major disappointment

1 Like

It sounds great.
Anything with Duvall, is First Class, in my book.

Did you enjoy ‘Buried’?