The Last Film You Saw in the Cinema?

Mine was Pixar’s Up. A great, enjoyable film that will probably more appreciated by the old rather than the young. 8/10. What was the last film you saw in the cinema?

I saw a couple of short films of our local movie academy on saturday.

Whice ones?

I can’t remember the titles. They were quite new. Some of them were animation flicks, cause the academy has got a animation department.

Inglourious Basterds - 8.5/10

I especially like the intro which is obviously a homage to GBU.

Revenge Of The Sith.

I don’t go to the cinema very often as I think most modern films suck, and I refuse to spend a couple of hours & £10 to watch any old shit as some people do. I think I’ve probably only been about 3 times in the last 10 years and don’t think I’ll be back in the cinema before the new Dark Shadows film comes out next year - that’s something I’ll be seeing regardless of whether it’s good or not.

Do not tend to like many modern films. The last time I went to the cinema was around 15 years ago.

Last I saw was “Moon” - directed by David Bowie’s son… it was alright, nothing too great

In addition to not liking a lot of modern movies, I don’t care much for the experience any more. Lots of idiots that have no respect for others jammed into a small room for a couple hours is not very fun

There are times when grown adults continually kick the back of my seat throughout the film… wtf

I saw Funny People

One of the things that really pissed me off.

Talking / shouting, throwing pop corn and seats stinking of shit were other things not to my liking.

Antichrist. Utter nonsense.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:10, topic:2027”]One of the things that really pissed me off.

Talking / shouting, throwing pop corn and seats stinking of shit were other things not to my liking.[/quote]

Yes, it really makes going to the cinema not very fun… especially when it costs so much. The only place around here you can get away from that kind of thing is the independent theatre, but they’re screening rooms are tiny and not very comfortable to be in

There’s still a few drive in’s left around this area, and I do enjoy going to the drive in.

[quote=“autephex, post:8, topic:2027”]In addition to not liking a lot of modern movies, I don’t care much for the experience any more. Lots of idiots that have no respect for others jammed into a small room for a couple hours is not very fun

There are times when grown adults continually kick the back of my seat throughout the film… wtf[/quote]

On the rare occasions that I do go to the cinema, I wait until the film’s been out for a few days & go for a less popular time-slot to avoid stuff like that.

I think I’ve just remembered the last films I saw at the cinema:
Revenge Of The Sith (2005)
The Phantom Menace (1999)
Copland (1997)
Event Horizon (1997) - I walked out of this as I thought it was crap…
Dracula (1992, Coppola)

4.5 films in the last 17 years!!! Before Dracula I went more often.

Expense, proximity to assholes (as outlined above) and general lack of free time have seriously hampered my cinema-going.

The last time I went was probably to see There Will be Blood.

But since my son is approaching film-going age, I expect it’ll become more frequent again in the near future (albeit the films won’t be of my choice).

I do this as well… won’t see a film unless its been out for at least a week usually, and try to go in the afternoon

Yes thats a good idea re the time slots.

The last best film I did see at the cinema was the re-release of the Wild Bunch in the 90’s. There were about three people in the cinema including me, which suited me just fine :slight_smile: .

It’s cool when you’re lucky enough to get the cinema virtually to yourself.

For film loving people, you sure are not very keen on the cinema! I go every few weeks in general, but the gaps between each film is getting longer. Thank goodness that when I go to the cinema I don’t have to suffer some of the things that have happened to you.

[quote=“Ming, post:13, topic:2027”]I think I’ve just remembered the last films I saw at the cinema:
Revenge Of The Sith (2005)
The Phantom Menace (1999)[/quote]
What did you two think of these films?

Agreed :wink: .

That’s only happened to me about once before, when I went to see Hayao Miyazaki’s “Howl’s Moving Castle” (2004).