The IMDb message boards (and the people in it)

I’m not sure about that… Films have only been around for about 115 years and that’s a very, very short time when compared to books, which have changed the world. Give films a chance and they might, just might.

It’s hard to think of a book that changed the world too, the only ones I can think of are the Bible, Koran, Torah etc.!

What about Karl Marx’s “The Communist Manifesto”, the effects of which we are still feeling today in North Korea.

Ok, I give up ;).

You mean “Freddy got fingered” didn’t change humanity? Bullocks!

More of the same (I’m actually begining to think this guy is serious):

I must admit that like all of us mere mortals even I have my weaknesses. Ordinarily I am highly disciplined, and I have learned to control and channel these flaws. In this instance however I cannot but resist giving into temptation and indulging the juvenile taunts directed at me in particular by Anastasia M. I was reluctant to surrender the moral high ground, but as I am on the side of James Cameron and an element of his crusade to re-align the collective sphere, the moral high ground is a place I am destined to occupy as long as bottom feeders like Traction_Magnates_on_the_Run continue to pedal their redneck-right propaganda. To protect the naive imbd users from these white bread bullies is a duty that has been bestowed upon me; I did not choose this path.

It may come as a revelation to the less world weary among us that any human being can contest the powerful message of Avatar. I recognize it can be tough to grasp how seemingly rational human beings can be wholly devoid of empathy for the plight of American Indians, Aboriginal Australians and the Africa-dwellers. What we must understand is that despite what Fox News tells you, these crimes are not merely an unfortunate chapter of the white man’s past, but they continue to be committed today, on a grandiose scale. You will find that the people who stand to profit from these crimes are the very people who dismiss James Camerons majestic work. I did not come here to expose the subversive conservative element like mmandy007, that is something I achieve with my art, but they have left me no choice.

AkademieOlympia, it is obvious that you have no experience of modern film making techniques. It is a blunder to rely on second hand speculation when delivering an argumentative retort. I, on the other hand, have worked in this industry for a number of years, not to mention my masters degree in film-making. Your ‘incremental refinement’ argument is simply outlandish, have you actually seen this work of art? What would you say is its preceding increment? Logan’s Run? Ludicrous.

SirGizz, you have an extremely narrow definition of the word hero. A hero is also someone who stands up for their ideals in the face of adversity, for example Rosa Parks, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and James Cameron.