The IMDb message boards (and the people in it)

I do not think we should mention SD anymore. That was in the past on this board, and is just not productive in my book.

Agreed.

You started it :wink:

I deleted it, bastardo ;).

No no, sometimes a little SD joke is inevitable.

Well its not like we talk endlessly about him but if anybody is uncomfortable about it than we should stop.

after all the trouble and time wasting he caused on here by sabotaging the forum and all the stupid, paranoid accusations he made on here about certain members ( including the big chief), he is not worth talking about anymore anyway. just playing into the misguided idiot’s hands and giving him the attention he seeks. forget the chump.

This just killed me readings this over on the IMDb Avatar board (by user “refinedtastes”):

There is no question that James Camerons epic juggernaut it the most successful movie of all time. However, the films right wing detractors, in their minority cite various unfounded criticisms. Having a Masters Degree in film studies I speak with authority on the subject and I can assure you that this film will go down in history as the most important piece of cinema, in fact arguably the the most important piece of media ever made. Here's three reasons why:
  1. In the world of film, literature, art and music, no one work has reached such a wide audience and touched the lives of so many. This film will go down as a major milestone of humanity.

2. The ground breaking and awe inspiring technologies have blurred the line between fiction and reality. This film represents a new departure in cinema. Particularly the revolutionary 3-D technology gave the viewers the sensation they were actually on Pandora. A complete immersive experience, down to the most intricate of sights sounds and smells

3. Never before has an artist had the conviction to convey such a bold political statement, a message which has quiet clearly galvanised a generation. It is no coincidence that the shift to leftist and more humane political ideals the world over has coincided with the films release. This impact is unprecedented in media and has not been achieved before, and will doubtless never be equalled.

I don’t think any reasonable person can disagree with this evidence. Aside from the subversive elements of the conservative fundamentalist factions.

LOL!

Ha ha, absolutely great. It’s better written than the SD stuff, but similar naive. In which world does this guy think he lives?

And Avatar is surely not the most successful movie of all time. As it has only half as many spectators as Titanic avatar is not even Cameron’s most successful film.

Specially the “milestone in humanity part” made me lol!

I’m gonna paint myself blue to see if it works ;D

Huh … new outfit for SPORTING CF ?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG NOT

And by the way it’s [size=14pt]Sporting C.P.[/size] ;D :wink:
wich means Sporting Clube de Portugal, there is also a Sporting CF but it’s in Faro Algarve ;D (it’s a branch)
our moto is Esforço Dedicação e Gloria eis o Sporting
Effort Dedication and Glory that’s SPorting

SORRY

No problem a discount on a new plasma will solve it ;D ;D ;D

Not easy to write in red and white (cause of the white part) ;D

I’m actually going to give “refined tastes” the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was being tongue and cheeky and wasn’t being serious. No one with a masters degree would actually talk like that and still keep a straight face, whether they liked the film or not.

You are right Colonel, it could very well be a parody.

I reckon it’s a joke, probably. No one could say about Avatar: “In the world of film, literature, art and music, no one work has reached such a wide audience and touched the lives of so many. This film will go down as a major milestone of humanity.” With a straight face.

Personally I don’t think that ANY film will ever change humanity.