The IMDb message boards (and the people in it)

So what’s your thoughts on this place? I had a discussion with a guy at IMDb about GBU and when I didn’t call it a work of cinematic art he didn’t believe in me! Or to quote hi post:

YOU wouldn't call GBU a work of cinematic art????, sorry you are loosing credibility and FAST.

Never used them. Take it you can get some rude people ?

Yeah, but you have to live with it.

Well, the guy says the truth :wink:

there are a lot of self opinonated prats on there who think, i don’t like this film so no one else should or the other way, i like this film so everyone else should or just numb nuts who know nothing. the people on this forum and HMCA horror website leave IMBD standing.

I find IMDb to be an okay place; I enjoy reading (and writing) user reviews on movies and the infomation on the pages is usually correct. Of course, the larger the message board, the more trolls you’re gonna get (we’ve just been luckey that we’ve only had one). I post a bit there, but you do get quite a few rude users.

[quote=“John Welles, post:6, topic:2316”]I find IMDb to be an okay place; I enjoy reading (and writing) user reviews on movies and the infomation on the pages is usually correct. Of course, the larger the message board, the more trolls you’re gonna get (we’ve just been luckey that we’ve only had one). I post a bit there, but you do get quite a few rude users.[/quote]i post on there sometimes John and have done some reviews. yeah a lot of times on the message board people are stupid and abusive. i’d question that their information is correct usually because a lot of people complain it’s not and seen some errors myself, sometimes the plot synopsis is completely wrong, wrong actors in credits, wrong character names, wrong years films were made ( not by the odd one year eithier.) don’t use it as much as i used to. it can be useful certainly and i would agree that most films are on there.

I only use the IMDB as a sourse of information (actors, titles…). I never had any look into the message boards…

Actually he IS there. He just goes by another name and yes he is every bit as exasperating over there as he was here! Classic stuff!

IMO it’s an ok place. I’m from time to time on the Westernboard too.
I would be more careful about the Information’s on IMDB. Unfortunately there are a lot of SD’s there. 8)
The “Things I learned from this movie …” Threads are always amusing. :smiley:
The Looking for a Movie board was quite helpful in the past.

Hey, could you PM me with the details to find SD on IMDb please Silence?

Just check PLL or Inger Stevens.

I was curious, and of course he hasn’t changed a bit.

Don’t let these guys get you down silence. Just ignore em if you think the’re being rude. But to be fair, your kinda asking for it saying that GBU is not cinematic art. You’re gonna expect people disagreeing with you, although admittedly some are more polite about it than others. I remember I myself was guilty of being a little harsh when some dude made fun of Bava’s black sunday so I later apologized. People can get pretty vigilant when it comes to defending their favorite movies.

I haven’t been on the western board yet. When I’m on I usually only check the boards on a particular film or actor but maybe I should check it out one day.

I was reading some of SD’s posts on IMDb, and I was quite surprised to find that he wasn’t very differant from other IMDb trolls - i. e. believes that anyone else who has a differing opinion to them is wrong.

Imdb boards is a kindergarten compared to a polish film site called filmweb. It really makes me feel ashamed to be a Pole.

Ditto!

He wasn’t just famous for that. If being an opinionated troll was his only claim to fame, we would’ve forgotten him long ago.

No, his REAL claim to fame (or infamy as some would argue), was his extraordinary eccentricity. He was one wierd dude! He had an incredibly unique way of posting, a very peculiar world view, a way with words, everything about the man was “different” to say the least.

In short, he was one of a kind.

Fuck, it sounds like I’m doing his eulogy or something LOL.

Really guys? We wanted him gone (for the most part), he’s gone & we’re still wasting time talking about him?

iI have got to agree with you here; you could always tell an SD post by the way it was written! And he sure had a strange taste in films…

I don’t see anything wrong with talking about him. His posts are still around, one of his threads is in the Top 10 most viewed and even one of his accounts hasn’t been deleted! Not talking about him won’t stop him from exsisting.

I think most of our trials and tribulations with SD were before your time here John so please forgive me for disagreeing on the wisdom of still talking about him here. I guarantee you he will still be checking in to see what is going on here and discussing him will only feed his already twisted sense of self worth and make it more likely he will pay us another unwelcome visit. For my money, sleeping dogs are best left to lie.

I was here when he last attacked and he sent me some extreamly rude PM’s so I do know how bad he could be. However, I do realise that he was probably worse and I would never want to encourage his return; so if you think not talking about him will lessen the chances of him returning then I am all for it.