The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread

Here’s another pic from the same film

Night of the Serpent?

Correct ! :grinning:

Is this the same guy in the first photo? I knew he had ties to monkdom. :wink:

His name is Franco Valobra and he played “Jesus Maria” in Night of the Serpent.

In the name of the Rose below.

1 Like

Well spotted, Massimo ! :rofl: What a film to be cast in, ‘The Name of the Rose’ all the ugliest looking actors in Europe auditioning … even ‘Hell Boy’ himself, Ron Perlman.

OK, how about this one, should be fairly easy to recognize:

That farmhouse certainly got plenty of use in it’s day … but I have a feeling this is Quel caldo maledetto giorno di fuoco aka Gatling Gun with Robert Woods ?

Yeah, spot on, Aldo. Your turn.

1 Like

I seem to be on a roll ! One more from me then I’ll take a break :wink:

Same movie - this features some big international stars and has an English director.

Red Sun with Delon and Bronson?

1 Like

Has a Brit ever directed a good Western?

That’s the one :wink:

If you like Chato’s Land, El Condor and Red Sun, then yes - I do :wink:

She appears appalled.

Soon to be even more appalled ! LOL :rofl: Good movie, nasty scene - I’m shutting up

1 Like

I wonder if this movie could be made today?

A clue for those unfamiliar would be that, although this is not a French movie, there are French connections. I wouldn’t say this was a rare movie but I did have a little effort hunting it down.

…. or another clue might be, ‘The cigars are on me!’ :smile:

The answer was already “yes”, and Chato’s Land alone proves it. The Hunting Party is another good one, and Winner’s Lawman isn’t bad either (but should have been so much better). Also interesting is The Singer Not the Song (Roy Ward Baker, 1961). (it’s not about a songwriter contest)

The others rank from ok to forgettable.

1 Like

Stanton is correct. My The Hunting Party entry was inspired by Aldo’s Red Sun because it’s also a SW hybrid. English and American actors, American director and producer, UK/American writers, Riz Ortilani score, Spanish cinematographer, and filmed in Spain.