The Great Chihuahua Treasure Hunt / Monta in sella, figlio di …! (Tonino Ricci, 1972)

Database page: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Monta_in_sella,_figlio_di…!

OT: Monta in sella, figlio di…! (Saddle up, Son)
Can anybody tell me Anything about the Film ? I’ve never seen before, but in the next time, I became a English Fullscreen Version and I know nothing about it.
How good is the Picture Quality of the Fullscreenversion ?

It looks like a good Film.
The best realese of the Film is a Spanish VHS, I think so.
http://cinemedianoche.blogspot.com/2009/10/repoker-de-bribones.html

Thanks for all Information

Your link to the film in the database does not appear to be working at the moment. This one should work:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Monta_in_sella,_figlio_di…!

Mark Damon and his pals team up with a mexican to rob a general down Mexico way. You get the impression from the style of the credits this is going to be a 100% comedy, but this is not the case. Fairly entertaining western which deserves a nice widescreen release.

The vhs fullscreen english audio print is not the best of prints, in fact it is pretty lousy. Terrible pan and scan print. The Spanish vhs looks better with stronger colours for one thing.

Oh. Thanks for the infos.
Are there Screenshots available ?
Does anyone have the spanish VHS here ?
Or is a good english Fandub available ?
Thanks

Do not have the Spanish vhs myself.

Do not know of a fandub as of yet.

Few screens of the fullscreen english audio vhs print :

1 Like

Thanks. The Picture Quality is… OK.

i discover it last months thank’s to lindberg’s spaghetti westerns on youtube
the movie look’s awesome! i never like mark damon before in thin one look so cool!
also i like a lot alfredo mayo a lot, next week i order the vhs tape too bad wild east dosh’t released it

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:1, topic:2672”]Monta in sella, figlio di...! - The Spaghetti Western Database…!

OT: Monta in sella, figlio di…! (Saddle up, Son)
Can anybody tell me Anything about the Film ? I’ve never seen before, but in the next time, I became a English Fullscreen Version and I know nothing about it.
How good is the Picture Quality of the Fullscreenversion ?

It looks like a good Film.
The best realese of the Film is a Spanish VHS, I think so.
http://cinemedianoche.blogspot.com/2009/10/repoker-de-bribones.html

Thanks for all Information

Here is the very Good Trailer :wink:

good cover

Today, I became a copy of the Film, and the picture is very bright. Too bright, but the version ist viewable.
So far I’ve only seen the first 10 minutes but it looks very good. Only the opening credits are not so good.
Tonight, I see the movie and tomorrow there is a feedback from me.
Meanwhile, a Custom Cover, but in German:
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2464/rixa2c6x_pdf.htm

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:8, topic:2672”]Today, I became a copy of the Film, and the picture is very bright. Too bright, but the version ist viewable.
So far I’ve only seen the first 10 minutes but it looks very good. Only the opening credits are not so good.
Tonight, I see the movie and tomorrow there is a feedback from me.
Meanwhile, a Custom Cover, but in German:
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2464/rixa2c6x_pdf.htm[/quote]
the movie need a review! :smiley:

(I hope I do not have too many spelling mistakes ;))

The two crooks brothers Sam and Madison Deam (Mark Damon / Stan Cooper) align themselves with a poker cheater and his companion, Agnes (Rosalba Neri) and a blind Mexicans together into a heavily guarded fort in Chihuahua to steal a treasure. Finally, they expect a big surprise …

So, last night I saw him, and I’m really surprised. A really entertaining, slight dark film with good actors and a compelling storyline. But the opening credits are not good. It looks like a very bad Comedy-Western. The music isn’t good, too and the Song ist terrible. This are never the original opening credits.
Mark Damon and Stan Cooper play two crooks brothers Sam and Madison Deam. While Damon as Deam is the quiet type, and more cool, so Cooper as Sam Madison is more of a daredevil so he’s quickly after a bank robbery under the Gallow
Their opponent is the Mexican General “El Supremo” (The Supreme), which is a real pig. He is hanging Mexican farmers on corn sacks and shoot on the bags, so running out of the corn and the farmers slowly suffocate them more than break their necks. Moreover, he makes the whole a sort of holiday, with music, wine, women and song.
The story is straightforward and until to the finish not very rich application, but original.
The shootouts and the storms of the fort are great, just like the last shootout and surprise at the end.
The music is, as already mentioned, not really special. The title song can be forgotten. Is never in the life of the original song. The Mukke during the film is great, even if 1 or 2 pieces stolen from other Westerns, but used in ways that you might not immediately notice.

Conclusion: The Great Treasure Hunt is a very entertaining film with great actors, good story and good camera work. The location is also very demanding. The film is probably as good as any fan like IW. I was convinced of the movie and i really like it. The Film needs a very good DVD Release. Too bad that there is no German version.
7.8 out of 10 points

I have received an English Fullscreen version. The picture is very bright at first almost too bright, but is better in the first 15 minutes.But it looks better than Ennioo’s version. The picture is clearer. Also lies in how the TV is set. Image is sometimes better sometimes worse. Scenes during the day are all right, scenes at night, however, partially dark. But I am convinced that everyone here already have seen what worse. Running time is 90 minutes and 35 seconds. Should therefore be UNCUT.
Overall, the version is fine as long as better and not available in English, I can be full of life with this
If someone views the Spanish VHS getting , let me know.
One could make a super Fandub of this

Will keep a look out for a copy from the Spanish vhs.

OK ! :slight_smile:

Here are Screenshots of my Version:
[/url]

[url=http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2476/ae6e596l_jpg.htm][url]http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2476/tsksqqlh_jpg.htm[/url]

That looks like Rosalba Neri must be the hunted treasure :wink:

Oh yes, of course ;D

this movie need a dvd released

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:10, topic:2672”](I hope I do not have too many spelling mistakes ;))

The two crooks brothers Sam and Madison Deam (Mark Damon / Stan Cooper) align themselves with a poker cheater and his companion, Agnes (Rosalba Neri) and a blind Mexicans together into a heavily guarded fort in Chihuahua to steal a treasure. Finally, they expect a big surprise …

So, last night I saw him, and I’m really surprised. A really entertaining, slight dark film with good actors and a compelling storyline. But the opening credits are not good. It looks like a very bad Comedy-Western. The music isn’t good, too and the Song ist terrible. This are never the original opening credits.
Mark Damon and Stan Cooper play two crooks brothers Sam and Madison Deam. While Damon as Deam is the quiet type, and more cool, so Cooper as Sam Madison is more of a daredevil so he’s quickly after a bank robbery under the Gallow
Their opponent is the Mexican General “El Supremo” (The Supreme), which is a real pig. He is hanging Mexican farmers on corn sacks and shoot on the bags, so running out of the corn and the farmers slowly suffocate them more than break their necks. Moreover, he makes the whole a sort of holiday, with music, wine, women and song.
The story is straightforward and until to the finish not very rich application, but original.
The shootouts and the storms of the fort are great, just like the last shootout and surprise at the end.
The music is, as already mentioned, not really special. The title song can be forgotten. Is never in the life of the original song. The Mukke during the film is great, even if 1 or 2 pieces stolen from other Westerns, but used in ways that you might not immediately notice.

Conclusion: The Great Treasure Hunt is a very entertaining film with great actors, good story and good camera work. The location is also very demanding. The film is probably as good as any fan like IW. I was convinced of the movie and i really like it. The Film needs a very good DVD Release. Too bad that there is no German version.
7.8 out of 10 points

I have received an English Fullscreen version. The picture is very bright at first almost too bright, but is better in the first 15 minutes.But it looks better than Ennioo’s version. The picture is clearer. Also lies in how the TV is set. Image is sometimes better sometimes worse. Scenes during the day are all right, scenes at night, however, partially dark. But I am convinced that everyone here already have seen what worse. Running time is 90 minutes and 35 seconds. Should therefore be UNCUT.
Overall, the version is fine as long as better and not available in English, I can be full of life with this
If someone views the Spanish VHS getting , let me know.
One could make a super Fandub of this[/quote]
very good review!!!

There is a rip of the Spanish VHS out there on the net. Unfortunately, the guy who did the encoding didn’t have a clue what he was doing. The result is a screwed up rip, full of interlacing, and in the wrong framerate of 29.97 instead of 25. Useless for a fandub. Because of the framerate screw-up, the audio will ‘bleed out’ a little every second or so with any resync attempt.

And this will only decrease the chances of a better rip turning up. People who have the same tape and could make a correct rip will probably see that someone else ripped it already, so why rip it again? :-\ Spanish VHS is currently selling at 50 euros. That’s a lot of money.

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:13, topic:2672”]Here are Screenshots of my Version:
[/url]

[url=http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2476/ae6e596l_jpg.htm][url]http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2476/tsksqqlh_jpg.htm[/url][/quote]

Really great !

Very nice…alot better than the version I own !