The Good, the Bad and the Ugly / Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Sergio Leone, 1966)

Not bad, not bad at all :wink:

In fact I think the Ecstacy Of Gold theme is the most beautiful of all Morricone spaghetti western music. I usually get tears in my eyes just listening to it, and I am a He-man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Half past midnight screenings, regardless of runtime! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think that when Sergio Leone biographer, Sir Christopher Frayling, appeared on the BBC radio programme, ā€˜Desert Island Discsā€™, a few years ago, ā€˜Ecstacy of Goldā€™ was his number one choice.

1 Like

This was on the Paramount movie channel last night, and the aspect ratio was terrible.

Noticed that in the TV guide ā€¦ must have looked really fuzzy on low def TV ?

Looking forward to Sunday, 31stā€¦Clintā€™s birthday, and a long over-due viewing of 'The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly.
Already over-weight, but willing to indulge on pizza, home-made sangria, green olives, Serrano ham, and crusty bread, with olive oilā€¦just to celebrate the occasion. :wink:

Love this French art-workā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m planning on watching the extended cut, but skipping the grotto scene, and trying not to cringe at the dubbing on the others.

2 Likes

Blondie grabbing the empty boot is my least favā€™ extra scene ā€¦ just doesnā€™t work for me.

3 Likes

To each their ownā€¦

Happy viewing, guys, no matter how you watch the filmā€¦just enjoyā€¦and indulge!!!

:grinning:

Yeah ā€¦ Iā€™m just nitpicking - love it all really. :wink:

2 Likes

Even as a kid I found that one cringeworthy. But Iā€™ll try embrace it this time!

2 Likes

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes to you, Dean, and stay well.

1 Like

Stay well, buddy.

1 Like

Still umming and aahing over which Clint films to watch to commemorate his birthday this weekend. Will probably give the Dollars films a swerve as Iā€™ve watched them all so often. Maybe a couple of his other westerns. Maybe Dirty Harry. Still making up my mind

1 Like

Whatever you watch, Iā€™m sure that with Eastwood starring, it will be a ā€˜class actā€™.

If you really love Clint, you should prove it by watching some of his more ā€˜challengingā€™ work ā€¦ ā€˜City Heatā€™ or even ā€˜Pink Cadillacā€™ :wink:

3 Likes

Bugger off!!! :wink:

My very best to you.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had Paint Your Wagon on DVD for ages and I still donā€™t have the courage to watch it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s tickled meā€¦itā€™s not such a bad filmā€¦I like itā€¦ and to see Eastwood and the much-missed Lee Marvin together canā€™t be a bad thingā€¦:grinning:

Well, it is ā€¦