The Football Thread

My team PSV managed to lose an eleven :o point lead and will (99% sure) lose the championship tomorrow on goal difference.

Hopefully Chelsea will get revenge for you on Liverpool on tuesday champions league semi-fnal 2nd leg. :wink:

Unbelievble what happened yesterday
PSV 34 75
AJAX 34 75
AZ 34 72

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:43, topic:527”]Unbelievble what happened yesterday
PSV 34 75
AJAX 34 75
AZ 34 72[/quote] was there any goal difference though?

Good luck for your team tonight Yodlaf.

Thankyou very much, my friend who i share my flat with is a Liverpool fan, i hope to give him some grief ;D

Yeah. PSV has one goal more than Ajax.

so have you won the season now?

Looks like Manchester united will win over here, at one point on saturday (mid-match Chelsea was winning 2-1 and ended up drawing 2-2 and Manchester was losing 2-0 to Everton and came back to win 2-4! Bastards!) it was even points, now Man Utd are 5 points clear and there is only 3 games left in the season.

oh well, there still a chance at the FA cup and Champions league (find out tonight if Chelsea or Liverpool get through to the final)

Yeah, an unbelievable climax.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:48, topic:527”]Looks like Manchester united will win over here, at one point on saturday (mid-match Chelsea was winning 2-1 and ended up drawing 2-2 and Manchester was losing 2-0 to Everton and came back to win 2-4! Bastards!) it was even points, now Man Utd are 5 points clear and there is only 3 games left in the season.

oh well, there still a chance at the FA cup and Champions league (find out tonight if Chelsea or Liverpool get through to the final)[/quote]
I wish Chelsea the best of luck, mainly because of Mourinho. That guy is great, I love his interviews! Robben is back from injury right? By the way, Alex is probably heading for Chelsea. AC Milan coach Ancelotti called him the best center defender of Europe. I see this guy play every week, and I must agree. You got yourselves a very good one there. In Eindhoven they call him the tank…

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:49, topic:527”]Yeah, an unbelievable climax.[/quote]Congratulations

Alex is actually a Chelsea player but he was lent out to PSV as soon as he was purchased in 2004

Yes, I know. The situation was that he didn’t have enough caps and therefore wasn’t allowed into England. I don’t know how that changed, but I heard that Tottenham also wants him. AC Milan and Real Madrid were also mentioned. It’d be stupid of Chelsea to let him go.

i don’t understand that he can’t play for Chelsea because he hasn’t got enough caps for Brazil, these players earn loads of money so i can’t see a problem letting them into the country, it’s not like he’s an asylum seeker or anything like that.

Just want to know who of you goes regulary to the stadium. I cannot go very often to cologne as in second league they oftn play on sunday where my own games are. But i like going to the stadium in germany, as the atmosphere is pretty good and we have lots of standing areas. Yesterday i was in essen which was great, allthough in our block was a big firework going off. stupid “fans” of hansa, but the others of them are nice. I heard in england the atmosphere is worse than before, since it is that expensive and seating only. How about the netherlands and PSV in particular???

i only managed to go to Chelsea 3 times this year, it’s too expensive, £45 a ticket (if you can manage to get one!) and i haven’t that much money, if i could afford it i’d go all the time :’(

on the upside it only takes me 25mins to get there if the connections are good, not like some of these Manchester fans in London regions!

Those are the rules in England. Which is pretty stupid when you think of it. You can have dozens of caps for Luxemburg, and you’ll bet let into England earlier than a skilled Brazilian, who is just inches away from the national team. But, like with Kalou, they sometimes manage to bend those rules a little. That will probably be the case with Alex too. I believe for a player to get a permit he has to have exceptional skills, or something like that. It has something to with age as well, but I don’t know the exact regulations.

Liverpool beat Chelsea tonight in the champions league in a penalty shootout after a gruelling 2 hours of football.
I now hope Milan beat Manchester tomorrow and go on to win it!

Tough luck in the football tonight Yodlaf. Penalties are a rotten way to go out of any competition. As a neutral I think Liverpool were the better team tonight though. I’ll be backing Chelsea in the FA cup. You deserve to get something from this season.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:57, topic:527”]Liverpool beat Chelsea tonight in the champions league in a penalty shootout after a gruelling 2 hours of football.
I now hope Milan beat Manchester tomorrow and go on to win it![/quote]
What I don’t understand is why Robben was allowed to take a penalty kick. When I saw him behind the ball, I knew he was going to miss. Robben lacks the cool of a penalty killer, this is common knowledge I think. That moment was crucial and a big mistake of Mourinho if you ask me.

Unfortunately as soon as it went to penalties you knew Chelsea would be in trouble. Liverpool have a lot of experience at these situations and are second to none in their record in them. Plus Reina is brilliant at stopping penalties. In last year’s FA cup final he almost saved every one he faced.