The films of Castellari

I;ve only seen keoma and any gun can play, jonny hamlet sounds cool,if anyone has seen it please rate it.is jonny hamlet only available on django box set?

No, Johnny Hamlet is sold individually from Koch Media. Very good movie with great photography.

i’m glad the kotch one came out, i got a japanese one before and it had no english language or subtitles

Johnny Hamlet. A great film. Any film in which Ignazio Spalla aka Pedro Sanchez get’s beaten up several times and then shot is a good film! I find him very annoying, although he was good in Adios Sabata.

I voted for ‘Johnny Hamlet’ because I like that movie very much. The actors, the score, the plot, everything is great !!! Of course ‘Keoma’ is also very good but I like ‘Quella sporca storia nel west’ better !!! Big, big plus = Horst Frank and Andrea Giordana + Francesco de Masi’s score (Find a man sung by Maurizio Graf)!!!

All the other Castellari movies mentioned are also enjoyable, with the exception of ‘Cipolla Colt’ probably. Haven’t seen that flic yet, but it’s supposed to be really sorry !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

i voted for Keoma, the greatest of the late westerns.
Johnny Hamlet is good but i think most of Enzo’s westerns are just ok.
but when it comes to 70’s Italian crime films Castellari kicks ass!
check out

THE BIG RACKET
HIGH CRIME
STREET LAW (ANONYMOUS AVENGER)

to name just a few.

I met Enzo and his son today… more on that later this week. He’s amazing!!!

A long time ago i’ve seen an interview with him,unfortunately don’t know where.
He told about a meeting with Charly Bronson,that he acted rather arrogant and watching himself,especially his own arms.
So Enzo offer him to clutch and he agreed.
His talk partner asked how it ends and Enzo was only laughing and made a gesture with his arm,wich said - i clutch him down in one second ;D
He’s really very,very likeable

You’re an Inglorious Bastard :wink:

[quote=“LankyFellow, post:8, topic:312”]A long time ago i’ve seen an interview with him,unfortunately don’t know where.
He told about a meeting with Charly Bronson,that he acted rather arrogant and watching himself,especially his own arms.
So Enzo offer him to clutch and he agreed.
His talk partner asked how it ends and Enzo was only laughing and made a gesture with his arm,wich said - i clutch him down in one second ;D
He’s really very,very likeable[/quote]

That’s on the Koch Johnny Hamlet release, if I remember right !?

an Inglourious Basterd even. Enzo is so cool!

To me most of his films are very enjoyable, with the exception maybe of 7 Winchester per un Massacro, which is only average, and Cipolla Colt, which is hopeless (but I guess Enzo knows this himself very well)

You forgot to add Vado, vedo e sparo/I tre che sconvolsero il West

I suppose its good Tedeum is not on the list.

Never seen it

May be a good thing too

I met Enzo a few years ago at Brixton Ritzy, a true gent who has time to talk to his fans.

yeah and he’s amazing for his age. a really cool man, who enjoys the company of others. his son was also very enthusiastic about the movies and all that

So you should have first hand information about our wildest dream. You know what I mean?

which would be?

The film he is going to make (since quite some time) with Franco Nero

oh well I didnt actually think of asking him any questions at that moment. i was just super excited and we were chatting about his movies and stuff