The Executioner of God / Il giustiziere di Dio (Franco Lattanzi, 1973)

Not so easy to find SW, anyone seen?

Not even in the database! Hereā€™s the link:

Thanks for sharing! And welcome to the forum!

Iā€™ve got this, in Italian I think. Itā€™s abysmal, a real waste of William Bergerā€™s talent.

Considering Lattanzi also made the equally piss-poor (but at least more entertaining) Tiger from the River Kwai, it shouldnā€™t surprise anyone how bad this is.

Berger became a priest after accidentally killing his son (if I remember correctly) but is forced to take up the gun again.

Anyone know of a dvdr or VHS of this?

A few screenshots from the good version available on YouTube (Italian audio only)

Unfortunately the movie is considerably less good and falls into the Batzella/Crea/Merighi category, but we knew thatā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, good version indeed of this rarity. Didnā€™t get much of the plot though because of the italian audio but watched it anyway. I was expecting Berger to have only small role in the Third Day Arrived the Crow-style but he really has the leading part. Film had a kinda interesting ending but otherwise there wasnā€™t much to get excited about.

Thanks to the plot summary on the Italian database I was able to follow this somewhat, I think :slight_smile: In Lattanziā€™s 3 westerns there is one actress, Giovanna Mainardi, credited in all 3, Nuccia Cardinali in 2, this one and Tiger from the River Kwai, and Nicola Mozzillo in this one and Six Bounty Killers. The only actress I can find in both is

@JonathanCorbett, am I missing something? When you were researching Clara Hopf, did you find any connections to this name?

as Yara Kewa in Apache Woman, as Clara Hope in Hallelujah to Vera Cruz

Nicola is the Italian form of Nicholas: variants are NiccolĆ² and NicolĆ², the feminine form isā€¦ Nicoletta!

Mozzillo and Gianni Cardillo are two possibilities for Lord, the sixth bounty hunter (see When the Devil Holds a Gun thread).

1 Like

OK good! Iā€™ve edited the cast in the DB, would you mind checking those and updating the roles?

Done! Goliath is little Tomā€™s uncle, so in all probability heā€™s intended as Mainardiā€™s brother.

1 Like

This is on Amazon Prime in English, very clean looking 84-minute version. Unfortunately the film is a bore: clumsy plotting and story, slow pacing, very little action or intrigue. Skip it.

I just noticed that on the original Sei bounty killers per una strage poster (not in the Database) thereā€™s a name we canā€™t find in the credits: Alfredo Di Prinzio.

If not a case of homonymy, you can see the guy in a couple of YouTube videos from April 2015 titled ā€˜I misteri dellā€™alchimiaā€™.

What do you think, Carlos?

Is this the same man in this video - ā€œSvelando e Rivelando II parte di Alfredo Di Prinzio (kuthuma di Erks)ā€?

This pic from facebook is certainly the same man as in your video. Do you have a close-up of our actor that might show whether he has that mole on his cheek?

There is certainly an intriguing similarity
actor%20(Lord%2C%20bounty%20hunter)%206BKs

Yes. Thereā€™s also a video in Spanish, in which heā€™s got longer hair: ā€˜ā€˜Experiencias cosmicas en el Uritorco - Infinitoā€™ā€™.

Iā€™ll check for a high-res close up, but I already recognize him in the screenshot you posted in the Son of Zorro thread!

1 Like

Does someone have English subtitels for the Italian version available?
Thank you.

Youtube-video have italian subtitles. Rip them with savesubs and google-translate to english.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
This seems to be very helpful :wink:

Donā€™t expect miracles with google translate - if itā€™s some very simple dialogue for a few lines, that maybe ok ā€¦ but youā€™ll find letting a machine translate complex sentences is usually going to read like gibberish. :frowning: