The Executioner of God / Il giustiziere di Dio (Franco Lattanzi, 1973)

Itā€™s not that important with all the details of MacCuffins. Subtitles may help any way. It is worth of trying.

Hm, unfortunately the srt file that was created with savesubs is not that well made. Many empty lines and many double timecodes.
Does anyone know a more ā€œpreciseā€ software for creating srt files from youtube?

Was worried about necro, but then remembered this category is made for necro (one living thread per movie (right?)).

Anyway,

I was going to comment separately about this film but then found this thread.

Soā€¦ uuumā€¦ wha happen?

Itā€™s not only the worst spaghetti Iā€™ve ever seen, it is possibly the worst movie. period. wow. But eerily more well preserved than some sitcoms from the 90ā€™s. So strange. Anyway, total garbage, not bad like good bad that is so synergistic with the vast majority of spags and their charm, but like bad bad. So bad it triggered me to try and figure out why it is so broken, and vent. Also very upset at whoever dared to give it one star on IMDB, they were clearly drunk or suffering from head trauma as one star is far too many stars.

It doesnā€™t help that Berger is in it, I mean you see Berger and you are immediately duped into expecting a certain level of quality, again spag relative quality, but sort of like when we stopped going to Bobby De Niro movies 20 years ago because we slowly figured out he ā€œlost the magicā€, Berger just flops around in a sea of hideous sets, wardrobe, acting, dialog and story. Uncomfortable viewing to say the least.

I kind of donā€™t want to post the following link, but given the OP:
https://amzn.to/43TKVE5

2 Likes

This one is currently streaming in HD on Amazonā€¦ same print also available via other online sources

I havenā€™t watched it yet myself, but figured Iā€™d mention it here

I canā€™t decide if I actually want to watch this thing

I think Iā€™ve exited the phase of needing watch every spag

1 Like

No one likes a quitter Jimmy :wink:

1 Like

:thinking: :sweat_smile:

havenā€™t watched it myselfā€¦ apparently itā€™s pretty bad but at least we got a good looking version now :slight_smile:

My Tubi watch of the day and it has left me with a question. How did William Berger, George Wang, and Donald Oā€™Brien end up in this piece of crap? Actually, calling it crap is insulting to crap. You could scrape the bottom of the barrel, break through the bottom of the barrel, and then dig another 20 feet straight down and you would not be deep enough to reach the location of this ā€œfilmā€.

Writer/director Franco Lattanzi has, in my book, earned the title of ā€œThe Ed Wood of Spaghetti Westernsā€ with this dismal attempt at film making.

My lone point of interest with this one is that it makes mention of the real life town of Lawton, Oklahoma - the site of Fort Sill. It was established by Civil War General Phil Sheridan himself as part of a campaign to protect settlers in both Kansas and Texas from marauding tribes. Interestingly, Buffalo Bill and Wild Bill Hickok served as scouts on that campaign. If anyone is ever in the area visiting there are, from what I remember, several interesting museums and you are only a little over an hour away from the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City which is a must see for fans of the ā€œWild Westā€.

I spent a couple of summers during high school working on a ranch just outside of Lawton so I would spend my off days visiting as many of the areaā€™s museums as possible.

2 Likes

The filmā€™s page in the database is updated to the new layout. We could do with a lot more info, contributions welcome.