The Dirty Outlaws / El desperado (Franco Rossetti, 1967)

He is a good one in Find a Place to Die, although his role isnā€™t that long.

His role in Nobody isnā€™t really bad either.

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:21, topic:348ā€]He is a good one in Find a Place to Die, although his role isnā€™t that long.

His role in Nobody isnā€™t really bad either.[/quote]

I donā€™t remember him in either one of those right now. Only seen them once and it was a long time ago. The only thing I vividly remember about FIND A PLACE TO DIE is that fine looking woman they were fighting over in the movie.

Itā€™s like that:

Lulli and his wife got a gold mine, Lulli gets trapped under some rocks, his wife goes out for some help and arrives in a dirty littlwe nest filled with filthy roughnecksā€¦

Lulliā€™s role is rather small in this one.

But in Nobody heā€™s the referee in the drinking-and-shooting contest.

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:23, topic:348ā€]Itā€™s like that:

Lulli and his wife got a gold mine, Lulli gets trapped under some rocks, his wife goes out for some help and arrives in a dirty littlwe nest filled with filthy roughnecksā€¦

Lulliā€™s role is rather small in this one.

But in Nobody heā€™s the referee in the drinking-and-shooting contest.[/quote]

okay, I remember the guy trapped under the rocks. Heā€™s dead when she comes back I think. I remember the drinking scene in NOBODY (this was during the carnival bit, too, right?) but not Lulli.

Iā€™d say a good reason to rewatch this terrific flick!!!

Which one, NOBODY? I did enjoy it a lot. Not as much as the TRINITY films, but close. It was odd seeing guys like R.G. Armstrong and Geoffrey Lewis with their voices dubbed by somebody else.

Of course NOBODY

Talking about dubbingā€¦ the infamous German dubbers also worked on this one. Fortunately the result is quite aumusing, but as I watched the English version some time ago, I was shocked: Nobody talks about a third of the German version.
German=always talking English=silence

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:27, topic:348ā€]Of course NOBODY

Talking about dubbingā€¦ the infamous German dubbers also worked on this one. Fortunately the result is quite aumusing, but as I watched the English version some time ago, I was shocked: Nobody talks about a third of the German version.
German=always talking English=silence[/quote]

Yeah, Iā€™ve noticed some differences, too in different versions of stuff. And not just German releases. Some ITalian discs I have for movies will have bits of dialog here and there that are silent on the dubbed versions.

This was a great SW in my opinion with great spaghetti everythingā€¦as in sets, cinematography, actors (especially Andrea Giordano). I had a little problem with the music but it was overshadowed by the great spaghetti western I was watching.
The execution of the blind man was a real highlight as well as the comeuppanceā€¦

Iā€™ll have to check this one out again. My first viewin was only ok. I liked the atmosphere and setting but thought it was boring.

I watched it twice in a quite shot period of time. I thought it was really entertaining and not boring at all.

I just watched it. Very enjoyable, better than decent.
Wild East DVD itā€™s ok, but sometimes the sound gets too noisy.

I rewatched this one some time ago. The only thing I didnā€™t like was Mr Giordanaā€™s buddy. The scenes with him spoil the atmosphere of the movie.

Watched the WE disc yesterday after hearing some rather positive reviews around here. The plot was pretty deep for a spaghetti western with some nice twists and turns along the way. Although i had some problems with the hero secretly replacing the son of Lulliā€™s characters. Surely he would have noticed the difference in his voice and behaviour. To say these differences are a result of the war or somewhat far fetched IMO. ;D

The overall cast wasnā€™t bad at all and it was nice to see Lulli play a good guy for once even though his role was pretty limited in the end. I just wish that there was some more action in the beginning. The movie takes itā€™s time to get going which can make the first half a choir to sit through. But the the whole muddy ghost town vibe made up for some of itā€™s shortcomings. A little low on action but high on atmosphere. Nice mid-tier spaghetti western in the end.

Something like that appears in movies from time to time. Sometimes it is explaied like that:

The blind person secretly knows that itā€™s not the own flesh and blood, but accepts the situation. This happens because living with a lie is easier than living with the truth, in this case the death of the son.

I guess thatā€™s one way to look at it. I doubt the writers put that much thought into it. But your theory is good enough for me, Dillinger. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, the main theme was actually quite nice. It got a little bit repetive after a while but i surely would get the soundtrack if itā€™s available.

Damn, why havenā€™t I started a career as a psychiatrist?

I also really liked the atmosphere of this one.

Yea! Thatā€™s why itā€™s called The Dirty Outlaws!

Not everywhere though. ElDesperado could be the title of any western. As for King of the West, thatā€™s just weird.