The Dirty Outlaws / El desperado (Franco Rossetti, 1967)

(Dillinger) #21

He is a good one in Find a Place to Die, although his role isn’t that long.

His role in Nobody isn’t really bad either.

(Angel Face) #22

[quote=“Dillinger, post:21, topic:348”]He is a good one in Find a Place to Die, although his role isn’t that long.

His role in Nobody isn’t really bad either.[/quote]

I don’t remember him in either one of those right now. Only seen them once and it was a long time ago. The only thing I vividly remember about FIND A PLACE TO DIE is that fine looking woman they were fighting over in the movie.

(Dillinger) #23

It’s like that:

Lulli and his wife got a gold mine, Lulli gets trapped under some rocks, his wife goes out for some help and arrives in a dirty littlwe nest filled with filthy roughnecks…

Lulli’s role is rather small in this one.

But in Nobody he’s the referee in the drinking-and-shooting contest.

(Angel Face) #24

[quote=“Dillinger, post:23, topic:348”]It’s like that:

Lulli and his wife got a gold mine, Lulli gets trapped under some rocks, his wife goes out for some help and arrives in a dirty littlwe nest filled with filthy roughnecks…

Lulli’s role is rather small in this one.

But in Nobody he’s the referee in the drinking-and-shooting contest.[/quote]

okay, I remember the guy trapped under the rocks. He’s dead when she comes back I think. I remember the drinking scene in NOBODY (this was during the carnival bit, too, right?) but not Lulli.

(Dillinger) #25

I’d say a good reason to rewatch this terrific flick!!!

(Angel Face) #26

Which one, NOBODY? I did enjoy it a lot. Not as much as the TRINITY films, but close. It was odd seeing guys like R.G. Armstrong and Geoffrey Lewis with their voices dubbed by somebody else.

(Dillinger) #27

Of course NOBODY

Talking about dubbing… the infamous German dubbers also worked on this one. Fortunately the result is quite aumusing, but as I watched the English version some time ago, I was shocked: Nobody talks about a third of the German version.
German=always talking English=silence

(Angel Face) #28

[quote=“Dillinger, post:27, topic:348”]Of course NOBODY

Talking about dubbing… the infamous German dubbers also worked on this one. Fortunately the result is quite aumusing, but as I watched the English version some time ago, I was shocked: Nobody talks about a third of the German version.
German=always talking English=silence[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve noticed some differences, too in different versions of stuff. And not just German releases. Some ITalian discs I have for movies will have bits of dialog here and there that are silent on the dubbed versions.

(Rififii) #29

This was a great SW in my opinion with great spaghetti everything…as in sets, cinematography, actors (especially Andrea Giordano). I had a little problem with the music but it was overshadowed by the great spaghetti western I was watching.
The execution of the blind man was a real highlight as well as the comeuppance…

(korano) #30

I’ll have to check this one out again. My first viewin was only ok. I liked the atmosphere and setting but thought it was boring.

(Dillinger) #31

I watched it twice in a quite shot period of time. I thought it was really entertaining and not boring at all.

(p.pereira) #32

I just watched it. Very enjoyable, better than decent.
Wild East DVD it’s ok, but sometimes the sound gets too noisy.

(Dillinger) #33

I rewatched this one some time ago. The only thing I didn’t like was Mr Giordana’s buddy. The scenes with him spoil the atmosphere of the movie.

(Dr. Menard) #34

Watched the WE disc yesterday after hearing some rather positive reviews around here. The plot was pretty deep for a spaghetti western with some nice twists and turns along the way. Although i had some problems with the hero secretly replacing the son of Lulli’s characters. Surely he would have noticed the difference in his voice and behaviour. To say these differences are a result of the war or somewhat far fetched IMO. ;D

The overall cast wasn’t bad at all and it was nice to see Lulli play a good guy for once even though his role was pretty limited in the end. I just wish that there was some more action in the beginning. The movie takes it’s time to get going which can make the first half a choir to sit through. But the the whole muddy ghost town vibe made up for some of it’s shortcomings. A little low on action but high on atmosphere. Nice mid-tier spaghetti western in the end.

(Dillinger) #35

Something like that appears in movies from time to time. Sometimes it is explaied like that:

The blind person secretly knows that it’s not the own flesh and blood, but accepts the situation. This happens because living with a lie is easier than living with the truth, in this case the death of the son.

(Dr. Menard) #36

I guess that’s one way to look at it. I doubt the writers put that much thought into it. But your theory is good enough for me, Dillinger. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, the main theme was actually quite nice. It got a little bit repetive after a while but i surely would get the soundtrack if it’s available.

(Dillinger) #37

Damn, why haven’t I started a career as a psychiatrist?

(korano) #38

I also really liked the atmosphere of this one.

(Dillinger) #39

Yea! That’s why it’s called The Dirty Outlaws!

(korano) #40

Not everywhere though. ElDesperado could be the title of any western. As for King of the West, that’s just weird.