The Cold Killer / Uccideva a freddo (Guido Celano, 1967)

Database page: Uccideva a freddo - The Spaghetti Western Database

Man kills his employer for a grudge in the past and comes in handy he has a fair bit of cash and a gold mine. Sets himself up in a town and gets a good number going for himself. He is really waiting for the daughter of his ex employer to reach a legal age so he can get his hands on the gold mine.

The main guy is pretty much the title of the film…a cold killer, who shows no emotion at all when killing. But people find him a charming man most of the time. Think there is a touch of sarcasm thrown in for good measure. In contrast to all this, very jolly sounding songs are played in the film. Low key style film but the lead does keep you watching this one.

Two killings which are arranged as suicides and the final in a goldmine are
the highlights in this mediocre SW.

The best thing about it is that i had the chance to watch this very rare flic.
Many thanks,Amigo :wink:

Just re visited this one via a better vhs print. The main guy in this is so watchable. He is so sarcastic and yes such a cold killer aswell ! And a bonus for me the killer from Piluk the Timid one also stars, which I had forgot about. Really enjoyed re viewing this one, so lets hope a better print turns up one day for this obscure film.

Thanks to actor Luciano Odorisio this little known SW still awaiting 5 votes on IMDb is available on Youtube with Italian audio.

880 views in ten months so far, not so much when you consider that Ramon il messicano has reached 302.800 views in just over four years!

I really like this one. I watched it with Danish subtitles. Any other prints out there?

Just bothered to read this after posting. I’m guessing this is the best quality available for now. I think the Danish print is a bit brighter though.

Anyone has a VHS copy of this one for sale?

Bill Reed could be Ruffini (the surname comes from the Latin Rufus, ‘‘red-haired’’) and Mealli, considering the credits order, the fourth Desmet henchman alongside Bandiera, Pagliani and Odorisio.

Costume designer W. Thomas Green (Franky Green in Gun Shy Piluk) is at the moment a complete mystery. :thinking:

Interesting, I was thinking that Mealli could be Ruffini, I guess because of the Claude. So do you know which ones are Bandiera and Odorisio?

Yes, from left to right: Luciano Odorisio, Claude (Claudio on posters) Mealli ?, Giorgio Bandiera and of course Ennio Pagliani.

I haven’t checked the characters’ names yet.

Desmet henchmen

1 Like

Revisted this one again last night.

Still alot to be enjoyed in this one, with the lead being such a snake ! He fools most of the townsfolk.

One of the rarest spaghetti westerns on VHS ever, which I now finally have in my collection. The film is fairly average, but that doesn’t matter one bit when it comes down to collecting :wink: It’s probably the most killer sleeve ever.

4 Likes

Can you take a frontal picture of this so I can put it into the database? Or maybe a picture can be googled, not sure

Sure, I’m glad to!

I can go through the database roughly and see what I can contribute and then make some good frontal pictures

that would be great!

1 Like

To me it does. I’ve tried the collect it all approach in the past and always end up having to cull the ones that I have no use for. I totally understand it though ! :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

1 Like

Hehe it comes down to different factors for me. My interest or hobby for physical media goes parallel with my interest for movies, those two hobbys aren’t chained together necessarily for me. When it comes to a dead media like VHS, Betamax or V2000 that is…

However some of these old X-Rental releases remains as the only source to watch these films.

3 Likes

Cold Killer has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like

You’re unstoppable :slight_smile:

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

1 Like