The Big Gundown / La resa dei conti (Sergio Sollima, 1966)

Just restating the obvious: If you’re thinking of getting the UK Indicator release of The Big Gundown, and Amazon is where you’d consider ordering it, please use the SWDb’s link: https://amzn.to/3gr6NUw

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Just received my press preview copies of this. Will inspect and verify all the specs in the database shortly. Will work on a review then.

2 Likes

Nice! What is your first impression of the box?

I do not have the box, I received an advance pressing, which in many cases (including this case) are just the BD-Rs … so can’t say anything about that I am afraid. But I also placed a regular order, so I can get back to you on that once I receive it from Amazon UK which may be never or shortly after the street date :))

Excellent video essay/intro by @Austin_Fisher on that disc!

Oh ok, that’s unfortunate that you still have to buy the box. I pre-ordered as well, but I was just curious.

Poll added (top of page).

Copied from SWDb General Maintenance:

1 Like

Spending the late afternoon listening to both audio commentaries… as I finish my review (ready by the end of the week). BluRays have in part already reached customers, other orders are yet waiting to be fulfilled…
In the meantime, maybe @MadIccy could post pictures of the booklet and packaging as he has done on Facebook

1 Like

Very Impressed with this, It’s a great package, the booklet and poster are both made from decent, heavy paper and the booklet is 75 pages thick. The only thing I possibly gripe about is why the numbered part is just a wraparound piece of card and the box itself isn’t numbered (I’m not going to lose any sleep over it though).

3 Likes

Very nice. Thanks for posting pictures of booklet and poster as they hadn’t shown them on amazon, or anywhere else I could find.

As @Phil_H said, its still saying Feb 13th for me.

Also, @MadIccy is the poster reversible?

Yep I was expecting the 13th also but it arrived this morning.

The Poster is reversible and has the Red LVC box image on the flip

1 Like

Ok, nice. Cheers!

1 Like

damn, was hoping for the original Italian art

1 Like