The Big Gundown / La resa dei conti (Sergio Sollima, 1966)

I suppose I could do that … but what if it set the release date back another few months while they check for errors? … the SW fraternity would be after me like an angry lynch mob! :wink:

1 Like

probably not gonna delay it a few months for someone in QA to check the sync on that scene…

1 Like

I will dig out my copy and double check the specific dialogue error. Do you have an email contact address for me, or is their one on their website ?

I used the one on their website. Feel free to refer to the SWDb to lend your inquiry some additional credibility if you deem that necessary. After all, we want to help that product be the best possible

1 Like

Maybe just a more general question around what their English source is? I recall some other slight differences in English between Explosive and Franco Cleef. I didn’t notice myself, but I recall someone writing about them once.

This is what I’ve got after reviewing the scene:

The Big Gundown (1966)

Audio Dubbing Error:

@ 00;13:30 mimutes

The McCoy brothers arrive at the wedding party with news of the rape and murder of a child. ‘Cuchillo’ Sanchez is their suspect.

@ 00:14:12 The line, “The Sheriff will have to organize a posse right now”, has mistakenly been given to the 2nd McCoy brother - The voice actor is distinctly different, and the line belongs to
Tom Felleghy, who plays father of the groom, ‘Mister Miller’.

2 Likes

is this error present in the GH and the EM version?

Not the Grindhouse, as they didn’t use English on the long version, but on Explosive media it’s the same as the Franco Cleef dub … it would be an easy fix too, so I hope it’s not too late.

Go email them

Just did it! :wink:

1 Like

Franco Cleef comments in his interview in Cinema Retro 5.13 that he took the Cuchillo love scene with his wife from an Australian TV broadcast and the monastery scene from a Canadian Betamax recording. All in all, he says “three minutes of existing footage still lack any English audio.”

2 Likes

Interesting, thank you.

Got a response this morning

*Thank you for pointing this out, we have sent it onto the team at Powerhouse for their attention and they currently looking into it.

Kind regards,
Dan*

2 Likes

Just checked the Grindhouse Extended US Version, and happy to say the dialogue is correctly allocated … Tom Felleghy gets his line! :wink:

This may all seem a bit pedantic, but I believe it’s important that this release will be the ultimate … in the European sense of the word - The Last one you’ll need to buy.

7 Likes

Great work Aldo :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, Wilco … better to be safe than sorry I thought - As I’ve done many re-dubs over the years, it’s something I’m tuned into more than most - Fingers crossed for luck now that the Powerhouse release lives up to all our expectations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

MASSIVE PRICE DROP! THE BIG GUNDOWN limited edition at Amazon UK via this link now under 20 quid!
All details see Resa dei conti, La/BR - The Spaghetti Western Database

3 Likes

I second @LooneyElmerFudd and agree…I think this should be one of the best spaghetti western releases ever.

3 Likes

Just pre-ordered mine… Will replace the Colorado dvd print I already have… Looking forward to the extras

1 Like

Nothing wrong, Aldo, with wanting something to be as good as possible - especially when you bear in mind that certain essential classic SW’s (FAFDM, GBU), that should have had a royal turnout in the first instance, have been messed about with in the past few years.

Good on you for caring enough to do what you have… :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

Fingers crossed for the ultimate in Lee Van Cleef and Tomas Milian…

1 Like