The best of tomas milian

Fav milian spag?

“Big Gundown.”

“Companeros” is good; “Face to Face” is even better; “Django, Kill!” is not his typical role although he does it well; “Four of the Apocalypse” he isn’t in very much, but when he’s on-screen, he makes up for the lost time; “Run, Man, Run” is close, but I like him better in “Gundown.”

COMPANEROS for me, i think his role as Vasco is superb!

SONNY AND JED because it is offbeat.

Hard choice. Milian is in three of my all time faves; “Big Gundown”, “Face To Face” and “Django Kill”! I guess if i was forced to make a choice it would be “Face To Face” simply because of the depth of his character and the way he develops and eventually switches personalities with Gian Maria Volonte’s character…the acting from both men is superb.

If I had to choose film with best performance by Milian it would be impossible I guess. He’s always so great! But my favorite film from those is Face to Face.

but hey! Why aren’t the Providencia films and White, Yellow and the Black on the list? :slight_smile:

The big gundown!

Tough choice to make but I’ve to go with ‘The big gundown’ !!! I like most of the movies listed in the poll. ‘Face to face’ and ‘The bounty killer’ are among my favorites !!!

This is virtually impossible for me, Tomas Milian is my favourite SW actor of all time!!! The Big Gundown, Compeneros, Face To Face, Django Kill…, Run Man Run, The Bounty Killer, Tepepa, WOW! and there’s still quite a few of his films I haven’t seen yet! I’ll have to think carefully about this one.

Impossible for me to choose just one film, many of them are classic SWs, and Milian is always brilliant!

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:6, topic:572”]If I had to choose film with best performance by Milian it would be impossible I guess. He’s always so great! But my favorite film from those is Face to Face.

but hey! Why aren’t the Providencia films and White, Yellow and the Black on the list? :)[/quote]

If I had to just one of them, I’d go with Companeros.

Tepepa, that is of what i think as milian. Of course il vasco is also great. But i take tepepa, cause it is one of my favourites that does not seem to have as many fans as companeros or some others with him.

As I said on the Franco Nero thread, Companeros, definitely. Big Gundown, Face to Face and Django Kill are close, but not close enough…

Flynn

I saw Companeros, Tepepa and …Apocalypse - he’s great in everything. :-*
And nice:D

I haven’t seen all of these films so I’ll wait with my vote.

bounty killer and the big gundown

the bounty killer was a very good movie. But it was the first time i saw tomas milian playing the vilain

Companeros and Tepepa for me - he’s really got that whole Che Guevara thing going in those two.

I think I would have included The Big Gundown too, but we never get to hear Milian speak in his own voice so I find it impossible to really rate him.

I must be in the minority, but I thought his performance in Companeros was so-so (not bad, but a little too much), I usually love him though.