The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CWgWasaVI&feature=related[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STWSTgfMruc[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CWgWasaVI&feature=related

Unquestionable: Beatles

Rolling Stones. Dirtier!

Stones, by a country mile.

There are two sorts of music lovers, the Beatles direction and the Stones direction.

I like music from both directions.

But between Beatles and Stones, it is clearly the Lennon/McCartney gang for me.

Rolling Stones, even went to a concert with my dad :slight_smile:

I prefer the Stones, the Beatles have got a larger amount of better records but even though the Stones have fewer better records their better records are better thsn the Beatles better records ;D

I hope that makes sense

The Stones, by a mile

I’m with Ricky Gervais as far as The Beatles are concerned. He said something like:
“Everybody tells me their music is brilliant, I think it’s nothing special”

Average band, for me, nothing special, more hype than anything else
A few good songs, one good album (Abbey Road), but a whole lot of mediocrity

The Beatles, by a mile. The Stones:

A few good songs, one good album (Beggars Banquet), but a whole lot of mediocrity.

Couldn’t you have a choice in the poll that goes: “I Don’t Like Either”? Lindberg :slight_smile:

The Stones.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:9, topic:2229”]The Beatles, by a mile. The Stones:

A few good songs, one good album (Beggars Banquet), but a whole lot of mediocrity.[/quote]

I’m not really a Stones fan, simply prefer them to The Beatles

Haha…yep, that’s the one I’d go for :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted for Beatles but I haven’t listened that much of Rolling Stones so hard to say definite opinion. Beatles stuff is much more familiar to me.

Love the Stones, and Kieth Richards solo stuff for that matter. Never liked the Beatles very much though my wife does.

Beatles from Revolver to Let It Be is solid stuff - I don’t really care for their pop/rock stuff… give me psychedelic tripped out Beatles.

The biggest detriment to the Stones legacy is the fact they are still together putting out Grade-Z albums for the last 30 years. The only reason people see them on tour is to hear songs that are 40-45 years old.

Beatles.

That’s right. I went to a concert once (mainly to please a friend of mine wo has all their albums), and there was only some real reaction from the audience when they played the golden oldies. Otherwise the audience was polite, but rather passive.

Both the Stones and the Beatles were typical products of the sixties, their music, their lyrics, it’s all strongly related tot the era. The Beatles split at the right moment, the Stones went on far too long to imitate themselves. They should’ve split in the early seventies too.

Yeah, after Exile on Main Street.

One of the few genuine albums I have
I must say that I prefer to listen to the two compilation albums I own, but Exile is an excellent album.