The Beast / Rough Justice / La belva (Mario Costa, 1970)

The synopsis Iā€™ve read on this film made it sound like a sex western. On IMDB, it said this would please any kinski fan. Also, this film interersts me so I felt like startinga topic on it. Has anybody seen it? What did you think?

For more info visit:
Database page: Belva, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give The Beast your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Belva%2C_La

Not a sex western. Kinski has a brilliant role of sex maniac who tries to get laid all the time but he never gets to screw anyone. :slight_smile: Apart from Kinski I thought this was rubbish. Itā€™s been long time since I saw it though, I might like it more nowadays.

Kinski likes a different kind of ā€˜shootingā€™ in this one.

:smiley:

The film is merely a very average affair but Kinskiā€™s performance is what shoots this film up to the slightly above average range.
Worth a look for Kinski and an original story.
Despite all the attempted rape in the film there is (sadly) no nudity.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:2, topic:1292ā€]Belva, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

Kinski has a brilliant role of sex maniac who tries to get laid all the time but he never gets to screw anyone. :slight_smile: Apart from Kinski I thought this was rubbish.[/quote]

Iā€™m all with BSA on that one !!! :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:2, topic:1292ā€]Belva, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

Not a sex western. Kinski has a brilliant role of sex maniac who tries to get laid all the time but he never gets to screw anyone. :slight_smile: Apart from Kinski I thought this was rubbish. Itā€™s been long time since I saw it though, I might like it more nowadays.[/quote]Bill, can I ask you a question. I donā€™t know how to post links to the database or other sites on this forum and if I created the post, I should be the one to do that so I wish to lighten your load. What Iā€™m trying to say is how do you post links in this forum? Bt thanks for doing the link for this post friendo.

[url]web adress[/url ] - donā€™t forget to remove the space

Thank You so much Alko. Now I can take the load of you guys in my posts.

I just watched it and it was a letdown to me. It begins rather nicely with some good ideas, Kinski doing his stuff and very good Cipriani score [that clearly belongs to much better movie]. But durning its course the movie turns into complete trainwreck. Escpecially final 30 minutes are sleep-inducing, i almost feel asleep and i was watching it in the middle of the day and had a good sleep the night before. How many minutes of badly directed shooting back and forth can viewer cope with? 4/10 and iā€™m being generous here, probably because of Kinski and Cipriani. I have a feeling Umberto Lenzi must have seen this movie before making ā€œAlmost humanā€, which is a brilliant movie and shows how such a story shall be properly done

Btw. I have heard this score somewhere before. Was it used in any other movie?

Stranger Returns

Thanks Korano, havenā€™t seen that one for quite some time

That ones score is a favorite of hack directors who recycled scores. Crea, mostly. Finders Killers. Also used in the german trailer for Arizona Colt Returns.

Well, directors had to cut a lot of corners when working with Kinski. On low-budget productions, most of their money would have gone to him (and associated legal bills, STD clinics, etc).

I was suprised by how much I liked this one. Liked the score even if it was mostly (if not only) recycled themes. More than the ones listed in the database, I also recognized The Man Who Cried Revenge. And by the way where was Femi Benussi in this film? Did she look very different or am I blind?

Sounds great

Depends, if you are a die hard fan you will enjoy it :).

By the way, I recommend it!

Whatā€™s I die hard-fan, I just tried to answer the top 20 thread and was able to count 20 spaghetti westerns I like. I started watching these films since 2 years, getting tired of what we call ā€œproffesional deformationā€.
for your concerne, The great silence is my number 1.

I just gotta see how to get this movie

I can send you a copy.

Do not mind the recycled score in this. Forgot how much Kinski has an interest in women in this one. This considered and when the film was made surprised there was not more female flesh on view.