Tequila / Uno, dos, tres … dispara otra vez (Tulio Demicheli, 1973)

Database page: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Uno,_dos,_tres…_dispara_otra_vez

Anthony Steffen and Roberto Camardiel are a couple of dregs who plan to rob a bank, but things do not work out. Steffen then helps out some landowners who are in debt to local Mr.Big (Eduardo Fajardo), and is the local hero for a moment. Not long after Steffen then goes to work for Fajardo, but has other plans on his mind…

Could not get into the main two characters at first, and the lightweight style music makes the film more lightweight than it actually is. Steffen’s facial expressions think he is in one of his 60’s revenge style westerns, but his clothes have a 70’s feel to them.
Just O.K viewing for me.

Wasn’t this one written by Ferdinando Baldi under a psuedonym?

How widely available is this one?

Harmless but uninspired late period Spaghetti.
The western sets are all looking tired and run down by this time which adds a tinge of sadness to what is otherwise a largely lightweight semi comedic affair. Steffen is in one of his big hat roles and Camardiel is in lovable side kick mode while Fajardo is badly under utilised. Not terrible but everyone concerned has done better work elsewhere.

another poor film from star anthony steffen :’(

This would make a nice companion piece to Too Much Gold for One Gringo… as Steffen has that similar tough guy role and a silly sidekick. Possibly his best performance here for me as well… he really has a powerful presence, and does more than just wear a big hat.

The film moves at a fast pace, there are some inspired moments, such as… the safe cracking scene and that chicken gun.

I actually found it pretty funny, luckily the comedy comes from the characters realistic reactions and is secondary to the action, never turning to slapstick, as seems to be the case with all Steffen comedies. 8/10

1 Like

Spanish VHS cover.

1 Like

I enjoyed this one. It’s nothing special but it’s certainly entertaining and I have to agree that this is one of Steffen’s best performances.

1 Like

A year later…

I watched this for the second time and I’m not sure why I thought it was “entertaining.” It has quite a good soundtrack and I suppose it does have its moments. The action, however, is really lacking in this film and I’ve come to the conclusion that this is probably one of Steffen’s worst films. I’ve been on a bit of a Steffen binge lately and after being thoroughly entertained by No Room to Die and Too Much Gold For One Gringo, this was definitely a let-down. I guess I’m not that eager for a Blu-ray after all. Since there’s no DVD available, I ended up buying the VHS:

2 Likes

At least it’s in a nice box :wink:

Same story with many tapes in my collection. :laughing:

1 Like

Fun little spagh with some awkward moments and good soundtrack, not much of a gunplay though… 6/10.

1 Like

This film’s page in our database has been updated to the new layout. Contributions and improvements welcome.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

2 Likes

New review by @Perdono

2 Likes